07 November 2007

Yet Another...

Collection...

I know, what doesn't this girl collect? (believe me, I ask myself that very question all the time) Actually, I mostly collect the things I can afford...which is a whole bunch of weirdness all wrapped up within itself...as nothing seems to connect with each other in any kind of discernible way...other than, "hey...I can afford to buy that vintage umbrella/sock monkey/dish towel/tie...cause' it's only $_____ (insert anything from 10 cents - $5) " and then in turn, those things sit around and collect dust...until such time as I say,

"...don't I have one of those ______?" (insert vintage umbrellas/sock monkeys/dish towels/ties)

And a search ensues into the house rivaling that of the search for The Ark or The Titanic...boxes, cabinets and drawers flung open in hysteria...I mean, I am somewhat organized...I know the about location of things...but, like any serious collector...I love to find something and then toss it onto the pile with all the other things that look vaguely like it. I'm starting to wonder about some of this stuff...I mean, do I really need it?

Rich was recently talking about "...grabbing the 10 things most important to you..." and then going (yes, and leaving the rest...although, I think that he did downgrade it to 3 recently...and if that's the case, would he make the cut? Just kidding Rich) OK...the cat, I don't suppose I should count her, I have to take her, she can't fend for herself, so she's grandfathered in (it's the lack of employment thing) and then there's her food...and 10 things? (or 3?!?! I do confess, I like to think about things like this) Our conversation went something like this:

S: "Do multiple pairs of shoes count as one thing? Cause' to be fair, they're all shoes."

R: "You can choose 2 pairs of shoes only."

S: "What the F!? Are you serious...because, I can't just have one pair of utility sandals and then a pair of boots...and that's it...I could leave all the heels because I hardly wear them...but, I have 3 pairs of inside the house shearling boots just for the winter...you know, to keep my feet warm..."

and on and on it went...I mean the computer sure...obviously...the iPod (that's pretty small though, and kind of computer like...oh and the phone...OK...all technology, that's one thing right? Don't even get me started on the sparkly jewels and all the sock monkeys)


Obvioulsy, some of the collections I have aren't going to make the cut...apparently they're just things that take up space in my house yet, I enjoy having them around...so there you go...

One of those collections is...my Vintage men's ties...I love them...they survived the divorce, as I bought all of them and didn't think it was fair that I didn't get custody of them in the end. So, they sit in a rather discarded heap in one of the bedside tables...they've been a demoted from the closet (their former home...I had to put my jackets somewhere) waiting for me to remember them. Well, yesterday was the day...

A crisp white collared shirt, black pinstripe pants, my hair pinned up (in a 1940-ish do) with a pair of vintage rhinestone hair clips (courtesy of Ms. Dina) my dominatrix boots and I was ready for work (Ok...not the boots so much, I'm on my feet all day for heaven's sake) Quite the power outfit, if I may say so...and I turned a few heads during the day as well...I hope it wasn't because I looked like a waitress and people were waiting to be seated...and come to think of it, I didn't get any tips. I am a product of the 1980's so, I know how to tie a tie...I love wearing ties and I love my little pile of silk beauties, the designs and lines of each piece...like a little work of art for around my neck...

Things I am thankful for:

Nice young men with jumper cables who bend over backwards to help stranded me...because of the click click click that was the only sound to be heard when I turned the key in the ignition of Honey...

That I have a wonderful house that acts as a retreat for my soul and a storage unit for my crap...


AND...

The thought I'd have the ability and wherewith all to grab 15, um 10...things from the house in a moments notice...

And one can't help but think that if I get to take 10 things...then the cat should be able to take 10 things too...right? Cause' she totally owes me...

7 comments:

nuttnbunny said...

Oh, Miss Kitty MORE than owes you. Up her allottment to 50 and she's starting to come close :-)

kirida said...

I wanna see pictures of the boots! HAWT!

Catalyst said...

Oh, yeah. The boots! Please!

Granny J said...

All the shoes, for heavens' sake. And the ties, too. put them inside the shoes & they don't count, right?

Frogdancer said...

The cat is not counted. She's a child. If I had to choose 10 things, and kids and pets were included... that's 7 things gone. SEVEN!!!!

Now that's clearly not fair.

Anonymous said...

I think it's only fair that the cat gets to carry her share out of the house. Furry little reeloader.

Rusty said...

Omg, I love women in ties. You are HOT! ;)

--rusty

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin