11 November 2007

The Stash...

Before:




After:



Today I am Thankful For:


The most amazing and wonderful ironing board that is built into the wall of my kitchen (wooden to be exact, like the one my mother taught me to iron on) it is by far my favoritest feature of the house...I love to iron, anytime...on the fly...in fact, I have often thought of taking in ironing for extra money since I've lived in this home (I iron linens and other things for my mother as a matter of fact) Since moving in and using this feature on a weekly basis, I have often wondered why people stopped putting ironing boards in the walls of their homes? And why (because of have seen this several times when people "restore" historic homes in the area) why do they take them out? Why put in a pantry instead? Or why take out the ironing board and replace it with nothing? I talked my mother into buying and entire cabinet at a rummage sale (wonderful vintage door...with the little holes poked in it for cooling of your hot iron after you use it, right down by the built-in shelf for the iron...which I don't have in mine...and vintage board intact) because I figured she could hang it on the wall...or I could beg it from her if I ever leave this house...

Oh yes, I am that excited...

4 comments:

flutter said...

LOVE the dia de los muertos fabrics!

Anonymous said...

Yippeeee!! I'll bring my ironing over to your wonderous pad. In this house, a man does the ironing. Can you imagine that? Only I like to do my own.... But I love your ironing board, why do people take them out?? Silly sillyy... xoxoxo

Dee Light said...

Sounds like a great ironing board. Perhaps I would get exsighted about ironing if I had one like that!!

quilteddogs said...

Would it be weird to say how much I love to iron newly washed fabric?? There's just something about that nice, crisp, clean fabric....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin