05 November 2007

Business of the Week...


I didn't show you all the outfits for the Business of the Week did I?

A little cruel don't you think?

Well...I would hate to be accused of being a cruel girl...and a disappointment to any of my fans out there. I hate to say it though...I did not actually take the picture of the Halloween Day outfit, but I do have the last 2 pictures from the week...

I had a bit
of a time wrestling, I mean...putting this denim skirt on the mannequin...it would not go over the top of the dress form. She is hardly big...but for some reason, has broad shoulders and is a little gifted in the chest area...which means, I sometimes have to turn her upside down to get things on her...plus, I only brought that particular skirt...so I had no choice...upside down mannequin wrestling it was (how do you think I stay in such good shape?)

And the last one was one of my favorites...the skirt is a size 2, or it would have come to live with me...and the jacket is a small medium...again, if it would have fit...

mine.

I sold the lace tank to one of the tellers...yes, I sold 2 items this week from the display in the bank (makes me wonder why I have a brick and mortar and don't sell door to door) and gave away quite a few business cards as well...the stacks were a lot smaller than when I started...apparently several people didn't know I was there...

I've had the shop almost 13 years.

In the same place.

sigh.

Today I am thankful for:

Friends that are willing to hold on your dreams when you find them too heavy...until you can pick them up on your own again...because sometimes holding the space is the most meaningful thing you can do for someone...

6 month's of knowing someone special...

A burst of inspiration for my Holiday cards...

5 comments:

flutter said...

so much to be thankful for

laura capello said...

you know, you can always move that shop to kansas.

Suzanne said...

I love the I'm thankful fors..... and a great idea this month.

I've been wanting to write you for several days, based on your email, but life has gotten a little busy, busy here. Just know I'm thinking of you and all our girl emotions. I'm with you there, especially at this point in my life with all these crazy hormones.

:)

Carol Dunton said...

I think your little displays (on the forms) are just adorable and I am sure that they DO sell! I can only imagine the bank tellers fighting over them when you do new ones!! : )

Anytime, dear girl... anytime....

Felicia said...

LOL Oh gosh, it must have been something to see you wrestle the clothes on her :)

What wonderful things to be thankful for :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin