15 November 2007

I Present To You...

The Thanksgiving Mantle...


Which has actually been up and decorated for quite a while now...and I know your holiday's aren't complete without a view of the mantle...

Oh wait...

That's my holidays.










The mantle is showcases my Snoopy mantle scarf (I made it myself last year) felt flying bird garland (also made by yours truly last year) and several different sizes of pilgrim and turkey candles...those are vintage though, and I can't lay claim to anything other than collecting them...they're from the same people who make the Christmas ones I collect...My mother has the Indians from the series (covet covet...but, she's been collecting longer, so it's only fair)






And the extreme close-up of the centerpiece of the mantle:

I'm kind of wondering why the Pilgrims are praying? Usually the women are praying and the men are standing there with a gun (are the women worried if the meal doesn't turn out, they'll get shot?) I mean, I wasn't under the impression that Thanksgiving was a religious holiday...The only thing that usually died was a Turkey...

Women: Praying that someone else will invite them over so they don't have to cook the whole meal by themselves...

Men: Praying that TV is invented soon so they can watch football...

Turkey: Please let these fools become vegetarians!

I am Thankful For:

That the new season of Project Runway started last night (I'm watching right now, because it totally came on at 11...PM...seriously)

For my VCR and the fact that I saved the directions so that I could finally figure out how to record with the timer (usually this isn't a problem for me, but this machine happens to be quite backwards)

Girlie dates...I had dinner and a drink last night with a wonderful friend I met through the shop. We've been wanting to get together forever...and made it happen last night...Mole at Maya's and then to The Raven Cafe for lounging chatting and watching Powder Whore (a ski movie...which made me want to ski...really bad...which is weird, because I don't like to ski)

11 comments:

quilteddogs said...

Love the mantle and your post.

Same thing here about project runway. I've been waiting so long and then it comes on after my bedtime.

It's on again tonight at 7:00 and 10:00 but don't quote me.

laura capello said...

i love the turkey's prayer.

and your birdies. those are cute!

Anonymous said...

TWEET! :D

Ok, I'm the only one laughing at my lame jokes, huh. Sure, let a girl laugh alone. I know how it is... *snort*.

Loving the little birds and your mantle is so festive. I'm ashamed to say, that I left the mini pumpkins from Halloween scattered around the house and called myself "decorated."

And today, I'm thankful for friends who stick up for me in my comment section. YOU ROCK. :D

Anonymous said...

YOua re so hilarious!! We are both giggling!! Love the mantel, love it!!!

~Molly~ said...

I am SO bummed that I can't share pics of my mantle with you! Yours is just adorable so I'll just have to enjoy mine IRL and yours internetily(or something like that). Those birds are too sweet, giving me ideas which is dangerous this close to Christmas.

Molly

sulu-design said...

Really, my holidays wouldn't be complete without your mantle. I don't do any decorating here, so I live vicariously through you. That birdie garland is too gosh darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the mantle....You have such a creative gift! Wish I had it...

Have a good weekend. I'm back home for a while. Hopefully!

Suzanne said...

I love your comment about the woman praying for fear she'll get shot! That is GREAT! Thanks for all your feedback on my blog-I love reading your comments. Also, can you shoot me help on how to make a link using someone's name to their blog? And how to add links to other websites?

Anonymous said...

I love the mantle. You're putting me to shame. I have absolutely NO decorations for Thanksgiving. Maybe I can get the boys to make some next week during the school break.

I never realized, till you pointed it out, that the women folk pilgrims are usually praying. Hmmm... :) I agree that maybe it's about someone else cooking dinner!

Jolene George said...

your mantle os BEAUTIFUL!

Felicia said...

I love your Thanksgiving mantel!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin