01 November 2007

The Morning After...


I started the morning off by playing hookey from work because of the annual Children's Halloween Parade...

One of the local schools dresses up their kids and marches them down to and around the square to show off their costumes...both of the downtown schools used to do it, but one turned into a "traditional school" so that means that they don't celebrate Halloween (only Christmas)



But, this year
Niko was in the parade...and as I usually go down and get all teary eyed over all the kids I don't know...I went down and was dry eyed over the one I did know...

As you can see,
he was a Red Power Ranger...I especially love this picture because, he was having all smiley eyes for his mom...



After work, I ran up to Mount Vernon Street...our local Halloween trick-or-treating headquarters to look at the Second Hand Man's house...they've always decorated their front window with skellingtons that are sitting and having tea in their scary front room...unfortunately, they were not open until 5, and had a sign that said that they would give candy until it ran out...they give full sized candy bars, and a lot of the people don't even stay to look at their display (I love it, and whenever I go over, I don't take the candy anymore, but leave it for the kids...because I'm after the display!!)

Mt. Vernon has become somewhat of a nightmare as of late...




As kid growing up here, it was a fun busy neighborhood...now they block the whole thing off, have the police come out...and there are lines everywhere...


I went over to Mom and Rozzie's to get ready to go trick-or-treating with them in my neighborhood...people flock over here as well...just not as many.

It was mildly
entertaining to watch my mom put Rozzie's make-up on, even though she didn't have her "special" stage make-up that she usually uses (cause' she doesn't know where it is) and watch them battle...

Rozzie being sooo excited she can hardly stand still...and Mom getting more and more frustrated and trying not to smear her eye-liner or accidentally poke her in the eye (I love this last picture because Rozzie was getting upset...my mother calls it the "pre-teen hormones") ahhhh...memories!

Rozzie was Princess Peach, from her Nintendo game...and the neighbor girl was a Geisha (her baby brother was a little Oriental boy...too cute)

Mom and I were witches...I made fun of my mom for years because she was always a witch...and now I throw a long velvet cape on and go...

Rozzie does not eat her candy either...she doesn't like it...which forces me to root around in her Halloween bag and grab the candy for myself...unfortunately, I didn't eat a lot of candy this year before feeling ill...

Oh dear...I'm turning into an adult that gets ill after a bit of chocolate...that throws on a cape and calls herself a witch...

Today is also the start of NaBloPoMo...which means I will attempt to post every day in November...so, I'll meet you here!

*UPDATE*

I just found this little great idea...

I love the idea of giving thanks for 30 days as well as posting for that many...

Today I give thanks
for having someone that I can call and vent all the things in my life that happen to be going on (as it's been crazy intense around here) That he will sit and listen and not take anything too personally, cause' it's not about him and how he will laugh at me when it's appropriate (which also makes me laugh) and that he can still see...through the rant who I am...I am thankful that some morning this week, I woke up to a text message on my phone from him that said...Today will be a good day...What a great thing to wake up to...like my own personal fortune cookie...Thank you Rich...

4 comments:

quilteddogs said...

Good luck on the NaBloPoMo. I will look forward to reading your blog every day.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Rozzie looks great! Darling girl. BW was a ghoul for the 4th year running. However, no make-up, just a mask this year. I was missing that part, until I read your description and remembered how hard it is to do! Masks work. Heh.

And now, onto All Saints and All Souls! :D

flutter said...

oh the cuteness!!

~Molly~ said...

I am so borrowing that 30 days of thankful! What a great idea!!

Molly

ps, looks like everyone had a great time! I'm a witch every halloween too, same black bridesmaid dress, slightly different accessories each time though.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin