19 November 2007

To Nurture...

Sunday became the day of baking...fixing...mixing and self nurturing...I am trying to keep true to the promise I made to myself of good healthy food full of flavor...anything spicy, fresh and new will do...

I all of a sudden feel like experimenting...I feel daring...bold...I feel like I'm doing everything to help myself work through the current personal life trauma...

Well, at least I will be eating well.

Sunday's specialty of the house were:

Quinoa Tabouli salad...because I love tabouli salad, I crave it...I can not eat the traditional tabouli salad because it is made with bulgar wheat and it makes the tum-tum very upset...I also put olive oil in mine, not safflower...

Split Pea Soup...with soy baco-bits and just towards the end I throw in a ton of fresh dill...but not while it's cooking. Because that would make the dill flavor go away...and the dill is just so very necessary in this dish.

I also made Carob Chip cookies for Rich for his birthday...I can not for the life of me, get them right...cause' they keep turning out really crunchy. I was thinking that it was the egg substitute, but this time the dough had the perfect consistency (damn false hope) So, I think it's the non dairy butter substitute instead. The health food stopped carrying the sticks I used and all that's left is whipped stuff in a tub...but, it's making the cookies too greasy...and damned crunchy (seriously, they could be used as cereal)

Things I am Thankful For:

That I remembered to post my thankfulness...I missed the last 2 days...maybe I'm just not thankful on the weekends?

That no matter what I'm going through in my life...I have the most amazing people who care, want to help and have such wisdom and guidance and patience...the time to take out of your own life to listen and connect. I feel so blessed to have you all...thank you.

That a large and wonderful load of clothes is coming into the shop Monday morning, so there will be wonderful new things this week at Snap Snap (in time for BLACK FRIDAY...eeeee!)

That when a door seems to close, and things seem to stop moving forward...that something always opens when and where you least expect it...which is a constant reminder that we don't quite know what the outcome will be, or what is best for us in the end...and we're being taken care of...we haven't been forgotten.

4 comments:

flutter said...

um, how yummy does THAT look?

Felicia said...

Looks delicious!

Suzanne said...

current personal life trauma? What's up girl? How are things?

Love all your cooking trials. I think in my current life I'll be lucky to be able to cook again. I've been pulling things out of the freezer that I cooked weeks before Soren's arrival.

laura capello said...

mmmmm... quiona. ewwwwwww... carob. (he needs to re-try chocolate, but you know -- get the GOOD stuff this time.)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin