19 December 2007

W.I.P.

Visions of sugarplums started their tap dancing early in my brain today...

6 am to be exact.

And it wasn't visions
of sugarplums as much as it was visions of me not having a little handmade gift for my mom and Rozzie for Solstice...which happens to be Friday (as far as I can tell) Yes...the longest night of the year...good to grab up a blanket and snuggle with the one you...

Well, snuggle with.

So, I bounded out of bed bright and early...with designs in my head. Finally. Actually, I had thought of little things here and there, but wasn't too excited about snapping to making anything...but, with a little over 24 hours left, other ideas came to me...

Brilliant ideas...

Amazing ideas...

OK...ideas. Anyway, the wee hours of the morning found me sitting at the sewing machine cussing...I mean, gently sewing hems and seams, and wondering, why oh why isn't the tension set right? AND Must I have dyslexia about everything and forget what the numbers on the tension wheel mean and get confused every time I try to set it? AND Why oh why is some weirdo walking by the shop playing pan flutes? (oh sorry, that was real time) I got a great jump on some projects (finished one) and brought one to work with me to sit and work on it...

Then I can put them all in my big Santa Gift Sack and deliver them...

I adore playing Santa,
and this sack that I scored at the thrift will make it even more joyful this year...although, I have to say that I am none to pleased that the previous owner kindly scrawled the name Jenny across the sack with red permanent marker...and I'm determined not to change my name for the holiday...

that's just plain nuts.

Of course...playing Santa is all fine and well, but not until I can fully decorate the house (and you thought I was done!)



But, lo and behold, the powers that be are tired of my bitching and moaning about no holiday spirit...and gifted me with this vintage set of Noma Italian Style Fancy lights...

A delightful set of working lights in the shapes of little bells to grace my home this holiday season (or next, depending on if I get them up)

They actually
remind me a little of my grandmother, or something she would have had in her home...


And, apparently today was the day of near heart attacks at the thrift...because they were having another 50% off day and I walked out with:

2 vintage bottle brush trees decorated to the hilt

2 vintage mini bottle bush wreaths (one as is...but I don't care)

1 vintage Lefton Pixie Elf head vase

All for a measly $5...

I cried a little bit, I was so excited...

Welcome to the season
of Miracles, gifts, the anticipation of surprises, making things and giving things...of remembering those you love, and the joy of seeing happy smiles on their faces...

Welcome to the season of finding your lost Holiday Spirit...sometimes in the most unlikely of places...in bed at 6 am, in the sweet anticipation of crafting...and later when you turn a corner in a shop and find something that takes your breath away...

*ho*HO*ho*

5 comments:

flutter said...

Look at all of that beauty!

thatgirldina said...

Horray for finding your Christmas Spirit at Sally's! Now that should be the title of a Lifetime Original Movie. ;)

And double horray for me being able to post. I know, I know...I can't explain it either. Its like a little Christmas miracle I tell you. A gift from...well, the IT Gods, I suppose.

xoxo,
-d.

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

You seee! You totally deserved the good thriftventures and the amazing discounts!!! How fun, now hand over the lights!! hee heee heeeee

~Molly~ said...

Yes Ma'am, I believe you found it!!! Wonderful stuff you have there, crafty and vintage alike.

My parents have arrived and I so hope to hit at least one goodwill today(and a yarn store!), we don't have lots of thrift stores here, just two goodwills and a salvation army store.

Molly

Felicia said...

Wow! What thrift store scores! The sack is awesome and those lights are really beautiful. What treasures :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin