10 December 2007

Let It Snow...Let It Snow...

Let it Snow!!!

Ahhh...the first snow of the season visited us on Saturday, starting on and off in the earliest of afternoons...making me rush home and grab the camera...

Which is a little goofy, because it hasn't snowed that much, and we're not forecasted to get any accumulation...but, it's the first snow of the year...I want to strap on some snow shoes and get out in it.

Now, if only I had snow shoes...

or deep snow.





Of course there's hope...

Because the snow was coming

down...

down...

down...

in small little fluffs, and just mere minutes later looked like this:


Which of course, makes me want to snuggle down for the evening and read...

But, perhaps I will go inside instead of standing out on the porch in the shivery cold.

I'm just sayin'...

I kind of figured something exciting was going to happen today, as I went to warm up the car this morning (to go check to see how much more of the ceiling had fallen in at the shop) and the lock and door on the drivers side was frozen shut...and I had to use the passengers side and scrape the enormous (ok...teeny) amount of ice off the windshield...



Of course the cat had to immediately go out and sit outside...

On the windowsill...

and look in at me...

shivering.

She would not come in though...

I guess she's punishing herself for something?



So, I came inside where, I started dinner...

I know what you're thinking...

SOUP!

Nope, enchilada casserole (we're in the southwest here people, give me a break) the official dinner of the first snow...Naw, not really, I was planning on making this before all the white stuff came falling out of the sky...

Ahhhh...comfort food.

After that, I worked on making my world even more snuggly, which is good...because it's downright cold...I washed all the flannel sheets, duvet cover and Christmas quilt and ran everything through the dryer...

so it's all smelly good and I can have rolling around in the clean sheets time later...
Because, there's nothing like clean snuggly yummy sheets to make you feel that much more wonderful!

And, that is indeed my Christmas quilt. I bought it years ago as a special gift for myself...it is a double wedding ring pattern. I love the green and red with the yellow stars in the middle...

sigh.



Snow brings out the comfort in me for sure. There has always been a part of me that wants to live somewhere where it really snows...like when it snows, you get stuck inside? That kind of snow? When I voice things like that to Rich, he says..."Spoken like a true Arizonan...you realize you still have to go to work right? Like you can't call in and say that there's too much ice or snow in your driveway? They'll ask why you weren't up at 3 blowing and shoveling" I know he knows what he's talking about coming from NewHampshire...he would actually loose power sometimes, and it would become a candlelit house...

It still sounds fun though.

He called me this morning to tell me the snow was cute.

He's right, we have cute snow up here in Northern Arizona...

Cute indeed!

AND THE WINNER IS:

Precarious Tomato!! Well, T...it IS going t make me feel better to send you some towels indeed..

11 comments:

Tonya said...

oh the snow looks much more beautiful in Prescott that it does it Prescott Valley. Even though I have to say that snow makes Prescott Valley looks beautiful. I think we should have a slumber party at your house. That's my way of saying that your house looks so cozy that I could move in. But I'll take one night...coffee... baliey's...flannel pj's..laughter.

Anonymous said...

Pretty snow!!!! The first snow is always the best!!!!

I'm jealous... We just have drizzle and fog here in Nashville, TN! And it's in the 60s...What is that?

laura capello said...

hope on a plane and come over! we're gonna have us an ice storm with power outages. i'm sure it'll be a great big party up in herre.

Anonymous said...

It *is* cute snow. We don't get rain here any more so I can't imagine we'll get snow anytime soon. Plus, it's been in the 70s for the past week -- and it's staying there. The enchilada casserole looks so yummy, I may have to make some myself this week.

Mary @ Confessions of a Craft Addict

~Molly~ said...

Yes, you definitely have "cute" snow, how beautiful!!! Looks like Meena was excited about it too. We are lucking out and missing the nasty ice storm by being east of the Dallas area by 120 miles or so. It will be 80 here tomorrow, how un-Christmaslike is that?

Care to share your casserole recipe? I've got one that my aunt used to make called "Dorito Casserole" with rotel, cream of mushroom/chicken soups, cheese, and nacho cheese doritos, it is comfort food at its finest! I made it for the first time in 15 years a month or so ago. My kids even liked it and that says a lot. I'm sure it is nothing like your casserole though. It is totally bad for you even though I used the low fat versions of everything. Anyway....

Your bed looks amazing and cozy and I'm so jealous! Mine is a box springs and mattress on the floor. Years ago after a move, we gave my metal canopy bed to my brother and when he moved he lost the posts(not that he is going to give the bed back anytime ever). I am hoping for at least a bedframe to get it off the floor soon. Anyway again....

Molly

flutter said...

I remember being snowed in, when we lived in Flag. That? Not so cute.

Catalyst said...

Oh, you DID get more snow than we did in P.V. My pix just show a very light dusting. Your last two pictures in this posting are beautiful!

Suzanne said...

You are so incredibly festive girl! I love seeing all the snow! How I miss it! The most I got to see today was what fell on Mt. Lemmon and the Rincons last night. I'm sure it was cold there, as its been REALLY chilly here! LOVE the photos!

luvmygreenbug said...

I especially like the last picture, with your Christmas tree sparkling in the window...so beautiful! and that enchilada casserole looks pretty darn good,too...yum! Let's see, last time we had snow here on the California coast?? Think it was in 1989...we have more earthquakes here than anything else!

Felicia said...

Looks like a picture postcard to me. We don't get much (any) snow round these parts in middle Georgia. I love the look of that beautifully inviting bed. And I think kitty is just enjoying the change in the seasons. Kitties get bored sometimes and probably she's just enjoying something different :)

Granny J said...

I'll wrestle you for that Christmas quilt, S.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin