21 December 2007

Let it Snow...

I will have you know that I decided to make all of my own Holiday Cards this year...I call them "holiday cards" because there are so many holidays this time of year I don't want to either alienate or upset anyone...

SO.

I made my holiday cards a while back, and they've all been sent...all the ones that I had anyway. I made a whole slew of them, and still ran out, so I am terribly sorry if you were dying to receive one, and you won't be opening up your mailbox this year to find me...on a card....or maybe, I shouldn't be? At any rate...I am sorry...I also wanted to illustrate...with said picture, that my entire home was covered with glitter...from one end to the other...it was everywhere...seriously y'all when I blew my nose glitter came out...it was like I snorted pixie dust...

I love photo holiday cards
of family and friends. I've always wanted to be married and have a family so that I could send them myself...since I have yet to give birth, one year I sent cards out with my EX's and I's picture...we were standing on the Ponte Veccio over the River Arno in Florence...all bundled up (cause it was damned cold) I was all smiley, because my EX had just bought and given me a gold and sapphire ring for my birthday (I goaded him into it...it wasn't his idea) and the card read:

Happy Holidays From Florence Italy

People were confused
because they thought we were spending the holidays in Italy...or had sent the cards from Italy...where, of course, we were spending the holidays (I think a quick check for a postmark could have settled that question) I also got quite a few, "did you take that picture in Italy?!" No matter...it was the first and only year we sent out photo cards...we were separated 3 months later. So, I have some weird issues now with holiday cards (also making things for people...sometimes in the past, I've made things for people and they just up and leave...leaving me thinking, sheesh...that's rather drastic. You could have just said you didn't like it.) But, in the festivity of the holiday and my creative brain...I decided that it may be safe to send out a photo holiday card. (since it's just me now, I figured I was pretty darn safe...I mean, I do have self esteem issues...but, try as I might...I can hardly ever escape myself)

I was quite excited at the prospect and danced around the living room for a bit, which set the cat to hiding under the bed...because she knew what was coming next...a bit of a plead and beg for her to dress up as some character and take pictures for the card with me...Say, as Tiny Tim, and I could be Scrooge? OR She could be Snoopy and I could be Charlie Brown with my little horrible tree? But, she was quite disgusted with all the suggestions I came up with.

So, I lured her into a snow globe and dressed her as a sock monkey instead:


Maybe next year I could dress her up as Max (and I could tie an antler to her head) and I could be the Grinch?

Happy Holidays Everyone...

8 comments:

Felicia said...

I got one of these delightful cards and I love it! Merry Christmas :)

~Molly~ said...

You are so freaking creative!!! I love my card too!! I'm hoping to mail the payitforward stuff in the days after Christmas. Having a bum thumb has made it harder to finish things than I realized.

Molly

leslie said...

What a dang cute card you made! I want to see your cat dressed as a sock monkey! I love sock monkeys and cats too LOL Glad to see your Christmas spirit has come back to you! :)

laura capello said...

seriously. your card freaking ROCKED.

Catalyst said...

That's a great card and a lovely picture. I especially like the stripey socks!

Suzanne said...

I still want to know how you made those freakin' cards! They are incredible,and I feel blessed to have gotten one, even if you did have to snort glitter. That is one reason I detest glitter-I have a phobia towards glitter because you find it in places you didn't even know it could appear when you are even within 10 yards of it (Oh, but I loved YOUR glitter!)

Anonymous said...

what a cute card!

luvmygreenbug said...

cutest card EVER, you are so creative! I love glitter...but like powdered sugar and confetti (heaven forbid ever using all three at the same time!), it has a mind all it's own. You always THINK you've cleaned it all up...made red glitter hearts last year for Valentine's Day..my black lab walked around for a week with little red sparklies on him!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin