17 December 2007

Creative Sunday...

Rozzie and I spend the entire day together on Sunday!

We had originally planned to get the last of her Christmas shopping done, and then bake some cookies...but, my mother work up with one of her killer headaches and we re-did the plan...We're nothing if not flexible...

I picked her up in the morning and we dashed out to the mall and wandered around for a bit, looking at things for each loved one she still needed a present for (oh, and me too...I needed a couple of gifts as well) My mother taught me the fine art of shopping and comparing both things and prices...



Then...we came home after making one more quick stop, where I picked up another little something...and where Rozzie stopped to look at toys.

It is important to take some time out of all the holiday shopping hustle and bustle to look at toys and things you might want as well...









Home for lunch and the movie Jingle All The Way...one of both of our favorite holiday movies...and then onto some peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies...which turned out very yummy (Rozz kindly licked both the beaters and the bowl for me saving me the trouble of doing it myself)

Then onto GG's house to drop off something and visit for a couple of hours before taking the Rozz home again. She said at the end of the day,

"we spent the whole day together"

"we did! I hope it was fun?"

"Yes, it was"

"Good...because I had fun too...you're my favorite niece! It wouldn't even matter that you're my only niece...you'd still be my favorite one"

"I know..."

It's true...she's a great girl!

I still haven't found all of my missing Christmas spirit, but hanging out with Rozzie helped. I also made a special holiday project that was not on any list, but made on the fly on Saturday morning (even bending a needle on the machine) I will show that to you soon...

And waking up this morning and realizing there's only 8 days left until Christmas is making me realize that I need to look harder for that elusive holiday spirit...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I baked with my nieces this morning! It was just the thing I needed to get me into the holiday spirit!

I can't wait to see the outcome of the needle-bending project.

HO! HO! HO!
o<]:-D)}

flutter said...

that looks like entirely too much fun!

~Molly~ said...

How FUN!! I'm glad you have a cool niece like Rozzie, she sounds so sweet! I can't wait to see what you made, now that is NOT nice to tease us like that.

I hope you find the rest of your Christmas spirit, some of mine is missing too. Going to the mall this morning didn't do much for me either but I did manage to get all(except for what I'll end up doing with my mom) of my shopping done.

luvmygreenbug said...

You know, I think alot of people are looking for missing Christmas spirit this year...me included. Why is that, I wonder? You are very lucky to have Roz (and she is very lucky to have you!)to hang around with, she sounds like such a sweetie!

Felicia said...

Keep looking for it, its there :) It might be hiding under those cookies!

stilettoheights said...

sounds wonderful....and those cookies...damn, I want cookies for breakfast now.

:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin