11 December 2007

Happy Birthday Vanessa!!

And now for a little virtual birthday party for one of my most favorite bloggers out there...and a darned talented and creative woman who is full of wisdom and whimsy (certainly 2 of the better W-words indeed)!!

I actually was thinking I was sad with myself because I didn't take time to bake a cake or cupcakes to eat...because I keep seeing cupcakes and cookies on every one's blog...and it' making me a bit jealous...

and hungry.

Definitely hungry.

Since I can not rush down to her corner of the world today, we'll celebrate Ms. V's birthday in my little corner of the world the best I can...I started out the day trying to figure out the perfect thing to wear...and with that, out came my new red and black embroidered skirt, that has the sweetest little sequins on it (because bling in necessary for a party certainly!) and also the loveliest of rick rack trim sewn into the bottom hem...unfortunately, it is still quite cold and I had to wear leggings so I wouldn't freeze, and the detail of the rick rack may be lost. I wore some good party shoes...not my favorite red ones...those are a little suede number that have tiny roses on them, and make me feel like a princess...but, I had to work all day today and I wasn't quite sure how warm they would keep my feet...or how comfortable they would be at the end of the day...so, on went the red Keen Mary-Jane's instead.



I paired the entire ensemble with my new black knit cap sleeve top...layered over a black long-sleeved tee...(OH...and red lipstick, because it's a party you know, even though it makes me feel a little tarty to wear red lipstick first thing in the morning) and topped it all off with a sparkly pointsetta pin... Since I still don't have a tiara (whyohwhyohwhy is that?!)

I will be going to my mother's to knit with her and Rozz tonight...so, maybe I will borrow a tiara there? And we will knit in honor of Vanessa's Birthday! (well, and in honor of actually finishing some projects!)

And I will do a little traditional Irish Birthday Jig and then upload it to YouTube! (Ok...that? Totally not going to happen...I don't actually know any traditional Irish jigs...but, I will dance when I get home...I like to do that anyway, because it freaks the cat out)




Who knows? Maybe I'll stop and get a little cake or other treat and light a candle in her honor as well!


Happy Birthday V!!

I hope you have a magnificent day...

6 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

You look devine for the birthday soiree! And a night of knitting sounds sooooooo wonderful! I'll be stopping by Ms. V's site to personally congratulate her on her feliz cumplianos!

: )
VB

Catalyst said...

Loverly!

luvmygreenbug said...

What a fabulous party outfit! Love the skirt, very festive..I have a genuine tiara (no, I didn't win it in any beauty contests, believe me!), that my mom picked up in a thrift store for me years ago (she knew I'd love it, being the "sparkle junkie" I am....too bad you don't live a little closer, you could borrow it...maybe I'll just slip in on to celebrate your friends birthday!! Have a fun evening....

flutter said...

Oh I love Vanessa! You look totally appropos for a party with miss V!

Felicia said...

What a sweet celebration :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Miss V!!!!!!!
:-D)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin