31 December 2007

On Sunday...


I accompanied Rich out to the backroads of Perkinsville...

It was a beautiful ride in the car for the better part of 6 hours. I've never been quite that far out in that particular direction...We saw canyons and an abandoned cabin...and the road for us pretty much ended at a trail head of Sycamore Canyon. It was really hard not to jump out and go for a hike for a couple of hours, but the afternoon was leaning towards the early evening and we didn't have time for more than the drive back...with promises of returning at some point soon to hike (and camping sounded like a good idea as well) Plus, I had been fighting off the sniffles all day...










































































It was an amazingly
sunny day and was a little warmer than it has been...you could see for miles all around (like you usually can in Arizona) And, I caught myself gazing into the distance towards the snow capped mountains of Flagstaff and marveling at the Arizona beauty...

You can see more photos at Flikr...

And, Happy New Year's Eve everyone...I hope you all have a lovely evening...I have a few parties to attend this evening with my friend Arthur who is here for a 2 week visit (yay!!) We actually spend all day Saturday together wandering around town having a marvelous time...but, I forgot my camera. I shall try to remember it tonight...

6 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

What a lovely day! Beautiful shots and isn't it great to see the beauty of our state like this? Road trips are always a treat. Yeah for parties tonight! And the BEST for you, dear friend, in 2008! Happy NEW year! : )
xox
VB

flutter said...

I so miss living up that way....*sigh*

Happy New Year to you!

Catalyst said...

Wonderful pictures, S. Happy New Year!

Suzanne said...

Happy New Year to you too!

Granny J said...

I hope that in the Happy New Year ahead you'll get a chance to take that Sycamore Canyon hike. Coming in from the west is a much lonelier (and more peaceful) route than the usual approach from Clarkdale, tho the distance to the actual creek is also a lot longer. Enjoy!

Felicia said...

Beautiful. Gosh I miss the west. I only visited once years ago and I still dream of it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin