24 December 2007

...And The Stockings Were Hung


In anticipation of Santa coming down the chimney...

Of Course.

I whipped up
a little stocking for Rich a couple of weeks ago (totally on the fly, which was strange, because I wasn't even thinking about making him one) thus you are viewing the needle bending project.

I had a few little somethings that needed a stocking to go into, and I figured with the limited amount of space in the Airstream, he probably didn't think of packing a Christmas stocking when he started out on his journey...

And, what's Christmas without a stocking?


I started with a totally different idea in my head...something with a bit of fleece, but then I looked into the fabric stash and noticed a pile of smaller pieces of upholstery samples in the most wonderful reds, and thought they would make a fun patchwork stocking.

I tried to use many fun patterns and textures, and I thought he could choose his favorites from all of them (do men do that kind of thing?)

The stocking is lined with the Christmas tree pattern fabric I used for the tree skirt, because all that patchwork was making it rather lumpy inside (and the only lumpiness in a stocking should be from the presents) and I topped it off with a little wool pointed cuff and gold jingle bells...

I have the felt stocking that my mother made me when I was small already hung by my fireplace, yet I think this one is so cute, it may be hard for me to give it to him, but then...aren't those always the best gifts? (although, I suppose I could make myself one like this as well)

I wish all of you a fun and peaceful holiday
I hope you get everything you wished for on your holiday list
I will return on Wednesday!

6 comments:

Felicia said...

Beautiful stockings :) Peace on earth!

Anonymous said...

Love the stocking! He will be so pleased. And goodwill to all men!

Wienercheezels???

~Molly~ said...

Oh yes, definitely make one for yourself!! That is NICE! My mom and I made stockings for my family a while back, when the victorian look was in. I really need to modernize them a bit though.

Hope to have a few pics up, my camera let me in last night but not again this morning, drat.

Merry Christmas to you and Rich!!

Molly

luvmygreenbug said...

wishing you a wonderful, happy holiday!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, gurlfriend!

Anonymous said...

Great stocking! I'm sure it was quite appreciated and filled with lots of goodies. Hope yours was happy, happy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin