08 October 2007

Weekend WIP and...

A Winner!!

I know you've
been holding your breath all weekend about the wicked glitter contest...but, keep holding on...it's coming at the end of the post (of course, you could always scroll down if you can't wait...but, you know what they say...patience is a virtue...uh-huh.)

This weekend was a strange one...a ton of down time, including movies...a road trip that was planned that has been postponed to next weekend...and a shopping excursion with my mother and Rozz on Sunday. We decided to lunch at Japanese and run around for "school clothes shopping" for Rozz. Yes, she is homeschooled, but as my dear grandmother took note the other day..."if the child was attending school, I would be helping with school clothes" and the girl is indeed growing...so she needs clothes (ok...not as many as you would think because being in the clothing business, affords us some items for her...it's the shoes and basics that she grows out of...then again, she is as tall as me, and wears the same size shoes as my mother...did I mention she's only 10?) It's always fun to hang with the fam. We did get new shoes for Rozz last Sunday, and she spent a lot of our time together dancing around...it was like that cartoon where Porky Pig puts on those magic shoes and can't stop the dancing? I tell you...if I was as active as her, I wouldn't have to walk every day (and I did take the last few days off from that) And we were at Old Navy (I know...ick) but, they had the cutest knitted stuff there...I have to admit that most of it was for youngsters (and by youngsters, I mean little kids) but, it didn't stop me from holding things up and wishing that it fit...unfortunately, the only thing I ever find at Old Navy for myself are basic colored tees, and PJ pants (and did I get some cutie ones yesterday)




I also finished
up a vintage skirt. Well...I re-did it at any rate. I found the cutie little vintage skirt...little being the operative word here...with the fall birdie pattern on it, and swooned just a little bit. The only problem is that it was made for someone with a tiny waist...so, off came the waistband, out came a pleat or two, and on went a new larger waistband...ahem. And the result? A perfect skirt for the fall...(and if you care to notice...a new pair of Camper sneakers someone brought in to the shop...super comfy and since I covet Campers, and refuse to pay the full price for them...I am super excited!)

And now for the winner of the Wicked Glitter Banner Give-away...

After a long
involved process...ok, it was me with a pen and scissors and a bowl (I told you...it was a weekend with a lot of down time) I pulled forth the name of the winner...a woman who needs more glitter in her life (cause' really, who doesn't?) and the banner goes to...Ms. Capello of No Appropriate Behavior (for her new mantle/piano the she doesn't have yet, but I know she will soon) So, email me your address lovey, and I'll make sure this gets to you before the Great Pumpkin does...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If anyone deserves a Wicked banner, it's that Capello. LOL! The revamped skirt turned out great -- love the bird print.

nuttnbunny said...

Agreed - can think of no one more deserving.

Oy - the print on the skirt sends me!!!

laura capello said...

feel free to send the skirt too.

Anonymous said...

AAAAaaaaawwww, look at the birdies!

Anonymous said...

Like the skirt...

Anonymous said...

Love that cute skirt :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin