18 October 2007

It's Like Living With...

A Fairy...

That's what my mother says about Rozz...and she's right.

Rozz has always been the most fun person, usually in a wonderful mood, quick with a smile or hug...this child jumps up and down with pure joy almost every moment of her life...and infects the room with fun often dancing with wild abandon...She is graceful, artistic...and is a darned good piano player...She's in the latter part of her tenth year of life...is almost as tall as I am (only off by a few inches) has gorgeous naturally curly hair that frames her beautiful face...and the most incredible violet-blue eyes you've ever seen...

And, we got to hang out on Monday morning while my mother got her hair dealt with (I will be getting my hair dealt with on Saturday morning...just in time for the local blog meet-up here in Prescott) and did we have fun!

Rozz brought her latest knitting project...she is an accomplished knitter who makes up her own patterns and designs, and I believe she in the process of teaching herself how to crochet...she is a smarty...she is homeschooled. She is totally fascinated with Japanese Anime, and pictures herself living in Japan someday as a creative genius (she's teaching herself how to write Japanese) and has inherited an amazing drawing ability from all the artists in my family (she has her own greeting card line that is just fabulous) She loves my MacBook...and is slightly obsessed with Barbie right now...especially the vintage ones (I wonder where she gets that? Obsessions? Vintage Thinsg?) and ran downstairs to abduct my Francie (I always liked Francie...Barbie's more normal looking cousin) But, she can have her...you see Rozz is the kind of kid that you can let do anything and she always makes the right choice...she's sweet at heart, and kind girl...her face lights up with excitement anytime she sees someone she loves...you just want to do anything for her to make her happy...to see that little twinkle in her eye.

Sometimes I wonder how she got to be a part of my family? How did we get so lucky?

I also need to have her over more often...cause' darned if she doesn't know the best cartoon channels...

9 comments:

laura capello said...

barbie has a normal looking cousin?

~Molly~ said...

Wow, Rozz sounds like someone my oldest dd would be friends with! Amy likes Anime and Japanese-y things. Not so much with barbie or piano but she is homeschooled too. Rozz has amazing hair, love the color.

Molly, who really needs to post something today. sigh.

Anonymous said...

OH my, the dear heart sounds tenderly delightful!!!! xoxoox

Anonymous said...

Oh... sounds like fun. (she's the same age as our BW!)

flutter said...

she is quite the old soul....

Carol Dunton said...

what a sweet tribute a to your oh, sweet Rozz....

a delight to read... and see...

Good luck with the blog fest!
VB

nuttnbunny said...

I'm wishing a Rozz-like quality for my life :-)

Thx for the AWESOME card. Totally made my day. Hope to reciprocate shortly (hee hee :-)

Rozzilyn said...

Awww! Thanks, Sadie! I am watching Saturday Morning cartoons on channel nine. I thought there was going to be Halloween shows on. Have fun today!
Rozzi

sulu-design said...

Better late than never, right? I've been reading along with your posts for quite a while now, but my commenting came to almost a complete halt as I was dealing with not so lovely issues here.
This post stuck out in my head as one that I wanted to come back and comment on because it is just so beautiful. Rozz sounds like an amazing child, and I think it's wonderful that the adults in her life realize it, and know so much about her, her likes, her talents. You are lucky to have one another.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin