03 October 2007

Glitter Is My Medium...


Cause' I'm blingy that way...

Sometimes.

This weekend found me at both JoAnn's and Michaels to snag supplies for my annual Halloween cards (good excuse to go to the craft stores right?)

While at JoAnn's right next to the registers, were these large bins of glitter letters...



Yup. The entire alphabet...

I love glitter letters, and have a few words at home already..."wish" in red glitter (that hangs above my bed) and "magic" in silver(thatI use on the mantle at Christmas) So, here I was finally able to live out my ultimate fantasy of glitter words...

And I froze.

I could not think of a single word to spell...I mean, it was bad enough that the letters came in both silver and gold, and I was going to have to make that choice...but what to spell? what to spell?



Tough life choices...
I know.

So, after walking around the store in agitation for a bit, I finally spied the magazine collection and flipped through a Halloween magazine (Does anyone else out there think Martha Stewart looks totally natural and better in all the black make-up rather than the white and gold? I'm just sayin') And then I found the perfect word...

just perfect.



I got started...
putting the word together...then realized that I wanted this word for the window at Snap Snap for my Halloween display too...and then I was chit-chatting with a friend here in bloglandia...and she said she wanted one too...So, it was back again to JoAnn's (another good excuse eh?) I assembled the rest of the words at the shop...and let me tell you, it was like a glitter storm...

There was glitter everywhere, on my hands, in my hair, on my face (don't ask) on the counter, the floor, and all over clothes people were trying to buy...

glitter was floating and cascading swirling in the air...

like glitter snow...

Like the gentle massacre of a pixie...


In the spirit of Halloween (and the excuse to go to the craft store yet again) if you like the WICKED glitter banner...and would like one for your very own...Leave me a comment in this post and I will hold a little drawing on Saturday and make and send one to the lucky winner...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Youa re soooooo wickedly craft I can't hardly stand it!!!!!! Yipppeeeeeeee! xoxoxoxoox "Something Wicked this way comes..."

sulu-design said...

Awesome! This is so you! And I love to see the decorated mantle. Fall has truly arrived.

~Molly~ said...

That is ADORABLE, albeit a bit WICKED! I would dearly love to be in your drawing for the banner(is that what it is called?), it is just cute and fits me...lol

Molly

Carol Dunton said...

Oh Yes!! Glitter, sparkle and shiney shine!! How can anything so sparkly be so wicked??? I LOVE the word! I LOVE your mantel! Dang girl... you're making me want to drive up and see it for myself!
You just to clever... you wicked thing, you! ; )
VB

~Molly~ said...

I had to look closer at your mantle. The picture of the four witches is just too cool!

Molly

Rusty said...

WICKED COOL. I'm so East Coast.

Love it!!

--rusty

LJ said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I like the wicked sign. It's well wicked cool!! And if I won I'd put it in my room all year long because well it's bling and I'm such a wicked naughty girl! :D

Anonymous said...

So very Martha and proud she would so be of this!
Velvet Brick and I saw a plethora of these in a "Shabby-Chic" store in Phoenix....allot of words for all the holidays, as well as, ones for inspiration and care.....there were boxes of already-colored-glittered letters....they were almost as pretty as yours!
To you my dear Miss S, wishing you all the warmth of Fall....how we all so love the Autumn and all that arrives with it....warmth of heart.....warmth of tummy's....and warmth of really cute clothes!!

N

laura capello said...

you know what i need in my life?

more glitter.

lordy mercy, i need glitter.

misskp said...

oh, YES! Great word choice! It's perfect..and your mantle is just.....wickedly good!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin