30 May 2006

OH Knit!

Another Tuesday...And even more knitting was accomplished. My mom finished the back of the sweater for Rozz...And is starting on the front. And as some knitting projects go, she spent a lot of time casting on, and then re-casting on depending on how much or how little yarn she had on the needles...

As you can see...she is casting on at the speed of light! She is using this wonderful spool of cotton yarn she picked up at WalMart at a really good price. (And yes, that is her wooden knitting needle behind her ear...)

Ms. Rozzie kept us all entertained with her re-writing of the song Country Roads by John Denver...Performing her singing and working on her choreography. (It's hard to catch her still as she was dancing all about)
















She remarked that perhaps she would perform this song on stage one day. I asked her when she was going to take voice lessons...And she said quite seriously "but...umm...I already have a voice" (Well Said)

I don't have any pictures to post of the knitting I am currently working on, as it is somewhat a gift...And a project all rolled into one.
So, I will show you two more freezer paper stencil bags I made yesterday...



My mom really likes the design of the queen bee as it is larger than any designs I've done so far. I like the bubble girls because it's so dainty. But those more intricate designs have a lot involved...the cutting out of teeny tiny pieces of freezer paper, and remembering to iron them on in the right places, and then trying really hard to not lift them off as you sponge on the paint.












I lined the bubble girl bag with some 1940's vintage fabric I found at a thrift store here in town. It is, incidentaly, a dress I once owned...that I sold in my store, and then ended up at the thrift...a little worse for wear, but perfect for lining a bag with! I also added another layer of metallic copper paint over the bubbles so they really "pop" (hehehe)















I also put a little saying on the back of the bag...one that Rozzilyn wrote down on a scrap of paper and left for me to find in my store one fine morning. I LOVE this little saying (especially since she was like 6 when she wrote it...And don't children really have the best way of putting things?) and have been wanting to put it on a t-shirt forever! I'm thinking that I would like to figure out how to print this saying in a better way rather than freezer paper stenciling it...maybe on an iron on patch?...Or printed on some sort of ribbon?...And then sew it on to all my creations in the future! Although with the freezer paper stencil, I can get an exact copy of her handwriting and everything...it's just a little difficult with all the bity parts!

We are having so much fun with the stenciling...that my mom and I are having a little tutorial over at her house this Creative Sunday!



And...on another note...I got my new vacuum today! And yes, Victoria, there is a happy vacuum dance! My house will rejoice as well, when I am home long enough to assemble the thing and run it over my crumby, crunchy, hairy floors! This Hoover Empower is a wonderful color green...And has a hush mode (not that it is much more quiet...But it is a lovely thought isn't it?) It also has no bags, so I am looking forward to using that new feature. Thank goodness for Amazon.com and their amazing free shipping!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin