23 May 2006

OH Knit!


Another week...Another knit! I am currently working on an outside pocket for a hand bag...And my mom is (surprise surprise) working on "the sweater". She exclaimed tonight "how does anyone finish a sweater anyway? And who's idea was it to even do that!!??!!" It is coming along, even though it sometimes doesn't seem like it is...Kind of like life. You think you are not making any progress, and then there you are...At the end of wherever you are and ready to start again! (I know, profound...I am rolling my eyes!)












How perfect is that yellow rose with the pink at the tips of the petals?










This week, the red roses are in bloom. I love red roses, well, actually...I love all roses (and daises!)...So, this is the view from the front fence...



















I have a movie recommendation as well...Last night we watched Nanny McPhee! What a wonderful movie...Full of fun and magic and general silliness. And the sets are incredible (I would love to be a set designer...then again, maybe my house would be more impressive...hmmmm) at any rate, I am ready to move in to the house they built for the movie!



The screenplay was written by Emma Thompson and was based on the book Nurse Matilda. They're toting it as the new Marry Poppins, although I didn't think it was as sad. I know that I totally crumbled and cried hysterically when I saw Marry Poppins in the movie theatre as a child, when I realized that she was leaving at the end of the movie...and maybe it's my age now, but I thought it Nanny McPhee had a loverly ending. We all enjoyed the movie so much...that my mom put the book on hold at the library, I can hardly wait to read it (I'm hoping maybe she'll read it outloud to me...it's amazing when you hear your mother's voice read a story, I instatnly relax!). And, you know about my affinity for children's books...at least you can see by the collection I have.

1 comment:

Rozzilyn said...

Yeah, I can't believe the roses made it after Sun and Mon's winds. Ok, I'll read Nurse Matilda outloud at Oh Knit and then I won't have to keep knitting that sweater!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin