11 May 2006

Corners of my...

This is supposed to be Corners of my Home...But the word Nightmare is pushing it's way to the front of my mind instead. (although, I'm thinking that Amanda didn't have this in mind when she started this!)




So, this is what my entry way has looked like for a little while now...I'm not sure if it's me trying to adjust to being back from my vacation (although, as the days are speeding by, I'm wondering if I can continue to use that as an excuse?) Or, perhaps it's the divorce, and not being able to bring myself to pick up after me (although with the year that sped by on that one, I don't think that is it either!) Or, perhaps it's the evenings that are finding me just sitting down and reading, or walking, or gardening (but not accomplishing anything there either)...Or staring off into space day dreaming about what I need to do in the house...All the things I want to do to "feather my nest", as Marianne calls it! (that's where the 2 page list comes in!)
So, what is really going on here...In the front is the new phone book that belongs across the room, my electric sander...which I need to sand off some paint on the front of the house and primer it, 2 bags of clothes and plastic bags to go to the shop, oh, and on the left in front of the doll house is the ever growing pile of fabric and crafting supplies oozing onto the floor and surrounding areas (yes, it is eagerly awaiting it's own home in the new craft room I am busily dreaming about)...AND, we are having a mother's day celebration/birthday party for Kelli over here on Sunday... I'd better get with it so people don't think I live like this! (oh wait, yes I do!) Although, that is one advantage of living alone, I really don't have to answer to anyone other than myself!

OK...Let's at least concentrate on the positive. Here's one corner of my home that I adore -



This is the right hand corner of my "eating area" (silly house, everything is long the wrong way here) I love the color red that I painted the walls, it actually matches the red Formica on the counter tops. When I moved in here, I was like "red Formica???" but, as the previous owner painted the whole house white with grey trim...It was a little out of place! I painted the kitchen part (the front part of the kitchen) a light yellow, and the back part (the part in this picture)...Red, and all with white trim and cabinets...a white fridge and white vintage stove! SO...This picture also shows the roman shades...First attempt, thank you...I made out of some of my favorite fabric and a little peek at a vintage wine poster...And the bestest part is the little guy made out of cans! I bought him on one of my mother and I's early Saturday yard sale jaunts! I love him...He makes me smile hugely...the woman I bought him from said that her husband would be happy because someone liked him...Seriously, what's not to like? You can even see that he has a little ear ring hanging from his right ear!

OK...I'm of to clean up some of this mess...

1 comment:

Rozzilyn said...

I think we should come up with an Adams Family version of "Corners of my Home".Then there would be no compulsion to clean and organize. Either that or hire a butler!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin