29 May 2006

Congratulations Angie!


Well, my friend Angie just graduated from Prescott High School last Friday evening (Go Badgers!)...The same high school I graduated from lets see...Oh yes, 18 years ago...Coincidently the same year Angie was born (yikes)...And I ask myself...Why does that make me feel so weird???














And, as you may notice...by the holding on of the special flat hat on the head, it was a bit windy that night! At least it wasn't raining...Because I've seen it just pour the entire night of graduation!







This is our one and only public high school in Prescott, so it is quite neat to see someone else graduate. I went into the building with her to pick up her diploma...And it was sooo weird. It smelled just like High School! (I know this surprises you) And it looked so much smaller...And kind of dingy too. I was a bit overwhelmed by all of the memories that were flooding through my mind by being there that evening. The last time I was there, it was for my exhusband's induction into the High School Hall of Fame...(we were kind of high school sweethearts)...And the memories of being that young and having so much ahead of me (like I was when I graduated, not for the Hall of Fame thing) all the possibilities...So many different ways my life could have turned out, it just hit home (I know...Another thing to hit home...It's been happening a lot lately...still) especially after my divorce this last year. (sometimes it's hard to have lived in the same town for so long, because it seems like there are constant reminders of what's been happening to me every day)

And speaking of High School, I just found out that yet another person I went to high school with, is getting a divorce. I have met 2 other guys I went to high school with, that are going through or have gone through a divorce and are single. I figure at this rate, I could actually systematically date everyone I went to high school with...You know, this could come in handy, because I can't count the times I've said, "man, I wish I could do that over again if I knew then what I knew now!" So, either something is in the water, or it's some sort of Prescott mass consciousness.


Whatever it may be...Congratulations Angela...And thank you for letting me be a part of your graduation!

I am so proud of you, and so excited to see what you are going to do with this one life of yours...



1 comment:

Brian said...

I grew up in a small town also. I agree that can be harder sometimes because everything is right there in front of you all the time. I live somewhere else now but when I visit there are so many reminders. I hope that you continue to make new and good memories that you can see around you all the time. A cool memory of going back to highschool and experiencing a friends moment that you had 18 years ago.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin