16 May 2006

OH Knit!



Well well well...I apologize, as I meant to post yesterday, but Rozzie was ill with the throw-up/fever/sore throat/sneezy kind of thing on Sunday night - Monday morning, so I was "called" in to work on Monday, and never really caught up (good excuse huh?) Rozzilyn seems to be feeling better, and looked down at herself and told my mom she felt like a prisoner tonight...In her black and white striped pj's she hasn't been out of in 2 days! Needless to say, my mom made her change out of them before I left to come home.

As you can see...I'm taking yet another mini break from the trip...I swear, it's taking me longer to post the trip than it was for me to actually take the trip!

Tonight I watched my mom rip her knitting apart to find a dropped stitch...Funny, she was doing that last time she was knitting...Well, probably not funny to her at any rate, as her project keeps ending up shorter than when she started out! I think she's attempting to make a sweater for Rozzilyn...Who informed her that she wanted to wear it for Thanksgiving...Mom cringed because she's not too sure that she will be done with it by then (she's in the part of the project where she mutters a lot and says things like "I hate this!" under her breath) So, we may indeed end up with a vest instead of a sweater...

We had some wonderful rain today, and I even got to walk home in it (much to the dismay of my Birkenstocks) and tonight after knitting (and eating, of course) I rushed home and jumped into some nice cotton long sleeved pj's...I was actually wanting to get some supplies for a project I'm working on, but didn't feel like I have the energy. And I really need to get a new vacuum cleaner, as I killed mine dead dead dead on Saturday night (poor thing)...And am paranoid about not being able to clean the floors (yeah, right!) So, I am home enjoying the yummy Prescott rain smell...And feeling happy to feel a little chilled tonight, as the 90 degree weather is a little much, and I'm starting to really question my living in an area that is so hot during the summer. The rain is really helping my mother's flowers grow too...walking into her house is wonderful...Like a decorator magazine, as there are roses everywhere...And it smells so amazing! I asked her if she ever envisioned living in a house where she would have fresh flowers every day? Again...this garden was just as neglected as the house, and she's worked so hard learning about the flowers and then organically fertilizing everything...and pruning and releasing lady bugs...Some of these roses have never bloomed for her in the 2 summers she's been there...some have had only one or two bloom...they're all covered with buds and the irisis we thinned and replanted have bloomed incredibly as well!

































And this is the mini project (part of a larger "thing" I am working on) that I have been knitting for the past few times we've gotten together....




Knit Roses!


I did not actually knit the greenery as much as I pulled it out of one of the many flower arrangements I have hanging around my house...Thanks to Mother's day.


So, more on the trip tomorrow...I'm off to see if I am still a depressed insomniac...I've been having problems sleeping (and being happy...just kidding, I do feel better than I did before I left on the trip, and when I came back) I'm just needing a good night's sleep, or a massage...or a beer (ick!)...maybe just a good cry and some therapy...I'll let you know!

2 comments:

Rozzilyn said...

That's so cute of the knitted roses. I guess if the garden fails one year, we can knit and crochet flowers and hang them on the bushes!

Anonymous said...

Those roses are so pretty! You could hang them on the bushes in the wintertime too. Everyone driving by will think you've bred some new winter-hardy type!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin