24 March 2006

What'd You Got?

You know...Another semi-lackluster week of thriftiness...although, the energy is changing. I don't know whether it is Mercury going direct or the upcoming eclipse, or the going from 40 degrees to 70 in a week? But things are shifting. (yay!) So, I didn't get sooo much stuff, which is good, because eventually I will run out of room right? (oh sure), although, that usually means a good clean out! The things I did get though, I love!




This fabric was the back of an extremely thrashed, and extremely dirty crazy quilt. I have no idea what era the fabric is...I would like to think 1940's but, then again, I like to think that about all of my fabric...Do you ever feel like you just missed out on an era that you should've been a part of? Anyway...I stood in this dark thrift warehouse and oogled this fabric...it's stained and has holes in it, and as I said before...totally attached to a crazy quilt, but for $1...I had to have it! So, I took it off the quilt front, and soaked it in OxyClean for 3 days, changing the water each day...and it came out pretty good. I'm still smiling happily whenever I see it, so it was certainly all worth it. I have been looking for the perfect tree skirt for my Christmas tree for years...only because I refuse to pay $30 for one (seriously!?!) so, I am looking forward to making one for myself. Isn't it wonderful how perfect things are sometimes!


















And so...I was really looking at the fabric on the front of this quilt, and said..."well, why not?" and soaked it too...(the color of the water was amazing!) I have no idea what I'm going to do with this...but a nice handbag has come to mind. I would love to make a skirt, but I don't know if it would survive any more washings! And...I'm going to say it...why doesn't someone reproduce exactly...old fabric? It is soooo cute...




And last...but certainly not least, one of these Hindu deity shirts. I know that these were in style a long while ago, but again, due to my need to not spend a lot of $ on clothes (and owning a store is a luxury, I know) I became fascinated with these...also I'm wondering if it had something to do with my weight? It was really hard to find these in an XL or larger, and now that I'm smaller, I can fit into them (yay!)...I must be reliving something! So, it was $3 and I am going to keep it...just to see if, you know, I wear it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin