29 March 2006

OH Knit!

Well, another Tuesday night has come and gone...Successfully, I might add. After a light dinner of guacamole and corn chips, a yummy salad, and some raw sprouted grain bread and tahini and honey spread...We were off! That makes it sound like we knit like racers! We knit at our own speeds, sometimes impressive, depending on the length of our cast on's! (hahaha) I am happy to report at this writing, that my mom has cast off most of her bag, and started a 29' handle, that should be completed quite rapidly (compared to the 130 stitches the bag took!) I know this picture looks like a curtain, but it will be a wonderful useful cotton bag soon...



Cody is still diligently working on a scarf (I believe...) and making fine progress, stopping every once in a while to fix a mistake or ask for help...which is always a wonderful way to learn any kind of creative process...that and practice, practice, practice! Here he is looking through a hole of a dropped stitch he was working on fixing...



And I just started a black wool small change bag or something of the like, as I am planning on trying to felt it after I'm done...which is something I've never done before with something I've made myself. This is quite the experiment, as I don't exactly know the breakdown or measurements of how much something will actually felt!




And my wonderful photographer Rozzie, was having fun with paperdolls she printed off the internet from the For Better or Worse comic strip website. She was coloring and cutting out their outfits all by herself...and later, during a knitting break, she and Cody set up some fun "family portraits" as a screen saver for her...slideshow style! Which made her very happy and giggly!



Well, I'm off and running a bit early this morning (I had trouble sleeping last night) because of some kind of car trouble...and feeling a bit stressed out! I am hoping to call my mechanic and see if I can even drive the car over to the shop this morning so someone can check it out!

1 comment:

Rozzilyn said...

You for got to say that you also fixed my sink while you were here and set up the printer to work from the computer as well as everything else and all in only 3 hours! Those ARE good photos!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin