17 March 2006

What'd You Got?

This week, due to the fun snow weather we had...there were no yard sales, and the thrifts were a little empty of fun crafting things as well. So, I would like to dedicate this blog to my mom's awesome cauliflower!




These cauliflower are heirloom varieties from the Prescott College Community Supported Agriculture program. I think she's been a member since they started, and loves it! Since she is on a raw foods diet, all the yummy veggies are perfect for her. Last night she was telling me that it is so much fun every week, because she gets something she's never tried before! (We split a share once, and I remember having to call her and ask her how to prepare certain things!) The weekly variety of vegetables is amazing, and we are lucky to have this program available to us, it keeps the local farms in business and the money in our own local economy, and it is such a great way to get fresh veggies throughout the year, especially when the farmer's market isn't happening during the winter.



So, I am leaving you with a close up of the cauliflower that we both think looks like something out of the sea...This is one of the most beautiful vegetables I have ever seen...and my mother is still having a hard time trying to eat it! It looks all bumpy and sharp, but it is still spongy and smooth like a regular cauliflower, and the most beautiful color chartreuse.
(I am really sad that the picture is so blurry because it is a sight to behold.)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seeing the pictures on your blog of the broccoli that your mom gets at the co-op reminded me that we had better go out into Pattis garden and harvest some of her cavolfiore broccoli that she had grown from the seeds that we brought back from Italy last year.Patti is sending you a picture of it via your email Love DAD and Patti ........

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin