20 March 2006

Sunday March 19th...

Paritcipants:
  • Rozzilyn
  • Sadira
  • Susan

This wonderful Large multi-purpose bag was made by my uber crafty mother! It is a couple of pieces of vintage fabrics...in the most beautiful shades of orange and yellows and greens. The pocket on the front is a vintage embroidered napkin! The bag has a button in each of the top corners making it possible to have the mouth of the bag as wide as one may need it to be...depending on what you need to carry.

I think it turned out a little larger than she was expecting it to...prompting the discussion of exactly what the bag would be used for...carrying a small pet, or a child perhaps? 40 skeins of your favorite yarn and your entire collection of knitting needles? Clothes for a week of vacation? Something in a large sized crock-pot for a potluck?

If you have any ideas...Please let us know!






This is a close up of the wonderful pocket detail.





This is a smaller bag my mother made using a vintage embroidered linen tea towel...with a draw-string made out of a piece of vintage lace (isn't it so sweet?!!)







The Bunnies!

After waking up to a small dusting of snow, which melted off pretty fast...I engaged myself in the cutting out of Nine (yes, 9) bunnies from the wee wonderfuls pattern. Since I won't actually be in the states (I've always wanted to say that!) this Easter, so I decided to get a jump on this project(hahaha)...I can't say that I love them, as they more or less look like a line-up of bowling pin bunnies...a little wonky...and the way they're all sitting there, don't they look like they're waiting for something?
I don't know...maybe carrots!




So, it was a good start on a softies project. I am challenging myself with making different things using patterns until my innate creativity kicks in! And I am appreciating the practice...plus, I am praying and wishing for a sewing machine for my birthday, and I am anticipating sewing more on the fly if I do get one (instead of borrowing my mom's once a week...Thanks mom!)















The End...

Yes, those are multi-colored yarn tails!


PS...Rozzie wasn't feeling too crafty, and spent her time in her "apartment" (my library, that I did a quick clean up in last week...although, I'm needing to do a more intense organization soon) So, in all probability, she will be with us next week...ready to create!

1 comment:

Rozzilyn said...

I think your bunnies want out!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin