07 March 2006

Self Portrait Tuesdays...Series One

Well, This month's SPT challenge is to take a series of pictures of yourself at the same time of day doing the same types of stuff...I can honestly say I hate all these pictures...although some more than others! Everyone who knows me though, knows that I usually don't like myself in pictures...my mother keeps saying that I need a new better digital camera (which I may) because the resolution is not good with the one I have...I am sticking with the theory that I may need a new face because, in fact, the resolution is no good with the one I have. And this is why I am doing Self Portrait Tuesdays...to come to terms with this, and maybe learn how to look OK in pictures. With the Italy trip rapidly approaching, I need to learn this skill! (And if I could, I would make these all smaller!)
My first series of pictures is me waking up in the morning...eventhough, I don't normally find myself sitting on my chair arm first thing...only because I'm usually being bombarded by two hungry kitties, I thought this was a good place to start from. I thought of putting an alarm/timer/picture flash to wake me up...but, I wasn't sure how to do that! (And boy does a little makeup make a difference on my face, and I'm certainly doing that as a courtesy to all the people I see during the day) In the middle of the week, I got my hair cut, which gave me incredible chicken head!!





By the second day, I was really running out of places to look...it's weird to be taking pictures of yourself for no apparent reason!










I am also seriously considering changing my style of glasses...these ones seem to cut my eyes in half! I am also totally fascinated by the way I look so out of it, seeing as the mornings are really fun for me...and I'm usually up and bouncing all around!





















This is my favorite picture (the last one) as it is the full on chicken head experience...and I love these Victorias Secret PJ's (divorce has multiplied my lingerie and PJ collection by leaps and bounds)...I am really considering figuring out how to do this to my hair when I'm awake and in the world...


what do you think?

6 comments:

Rozzilyn said...

I can't believe how much you look like your sister in that last picture-never saw such a resemblance before. Actually, the pictures are all fine looking and you look good!

Rozzilyn said...

I can't believe how much you look like your sister in that last picture-never saw such a resemblance before. Actually, the pictures are all fine looking and you look good!

Rozzilyn said...

Sorry about leaving 2 of the same comments here but I was having so much trouble with eblogger this AM (not just your blog either) that I double clicked and then tried to collapse comments but it didn't work! Ah, computer literacy.

Kate said...

I like that last one too. I think you should try that with a little pomade, and wear it out that way.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Did you get a bunch cut off the back, so it's short? That could be a really fun "do". It's my fav too

Anonymous said...

everyone thinks you look like me when you just woke up? great, i'm gonna have to start wahing my hair...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin