16 March 2006

Corners of my home

I've decided to do a corners of my home, an idea given to us by soulemama...
(as I'm saving the "big blog" for tomorrow)
~



I love this corner...it really has most of the funnest elements of my kitchen in it. My beautiful red Kitchen Aid mixer (which matches all of the other red Kitchen Aid accessories I have in there...oh, and the walls of the eating nook...which you can't see here) and my collection of the small sizes of Texas Ware bowls...I will have to do a blog about them soon...and a vintage sifter with apples on it, a fraction of my vintage towels are in the top basket, and in the bottom basket of the shelf is a collection of vintage aprons. I also adore my beautiful vintage white Frigidaire oven, (man, I'm using the word vintage a lot!) I bought from someone who's parents bought it new, in the 40's I believe. It was their first new appliance ever, and they brought it to Arizona from back east! It is beautiful and in such great condition, and I like to think of all the Thanksgiving dinners it's cooked or the many birthday cakes it's cooked, or how many people it's helped to nourish over the years. (Although, seriously...I could go for an O'Keffe and Merritt stove from Antique Stove Heaven...the red one with the six burners...oh my! Think of the possibilities!) I actually got a "Frigidaire Recipes" booklet that probably came with a stove like mine at a garage sale recently, and it's in the dish rack above the stove, next to another vintage meat recepie book from a local grocery store here (which is no longer around, and one we've never actually heard of...Independant Cash Market, which seems like it would have been around my area, maybe down the street?)...and my lovely vintage apron pattern!



Those things are sandwitched between floral decorative tin plates, that I use sometimes in the summer to dress up outdoor eating. There's a collection of creamers, which is one of those accidental collections one comes upon, starting with a creamer that I bought in Venice the last time I was in Italy, from the Cafe' Florian, the oldest coffee house in existence (I believe). A cute pig toothpick holder...and the Hamburger Helper hand clock in the shelves above that! (I know...but, I really like Hamburger Helper...sorry mom...although I don't eat it anymore because the ingredients scare me, but sometimes I stare wistfuly at it in the grocery!) A set of wonderful wooden orange tulips on the top, and my fun fruit crochet pot holders and vintage matchbook holder are hanging from the hooks at the bottom. You can also see a bit of my adorable hoosier, the smallest one I've ever seen (in the top picture)...that I repainted white and put red Bakelite handles on that my sister rescued from a kitchen re-do of a house that she lived in!

I love red!

1 comment:

Rozzilyn said...

The colors look alot better in the kitchen-is it all the red, the windows or the stuff? Looks good!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin