02 June 2006

Self Portrait Challenge


I haven't been posting anything for the Self Portrait Challenge...

I'm sure you've noticed...

I have...

since I really started this challenge to help me feel more comfortable in front of the camera. Soooo...Well, I guess I was using the posting of the trip and trying to get caught up with all of the rest of my life and activities as an excuse not to take pictures of myself and post them. (it's amazing how I can distract myself...You should see what I did when I had a test to study for in college!)


The theme this last month (yes, I do have a couple of days left in this week to post) was introduction...

I am 36 years old and single. I own a resale clothing store, and have done that for the last 11 years, regardless of my advertising degree...

I am realizing how different it is to do things alone lately. I recently put in a rock patio by myself...I grocery shop by myself...And I take pictures of me...You guessed it...

by myself.

But, can I tell you a secret? I like it sometimes.



Sometimes I feel really sad...But a lot of the times, I really
like it. There are things I'vee never thought I would be doing alone...Owning a home, paying bills,
making a living...This is a relatively new adjustment for me, as I've only been single for a little over a year. And though it may seem like a long time to some...For me it keeps feeling new. Especially whenever I do new things alone...Like the first time I made the bed, or took out the trash cans. I did do these things before, it just seems more HUGE now that I'm "single".

I am noticing that the stigma attatched to "single" in this society is really huge...So, I am working on being OK with being me, and being right where I am...That and creating a whole new life (you know...the small stuff)


I usually wear glasses...I am liking the way I look without them in these pictures, and am wondering if I should get my eyes done someday?

As a side effect of the my new life...I've lost a lot of weight. I am more active, walking and hiking...And am loving my "new" body. It's actually reminding me of the one I had many years ago...

I've been more creative than I have been in years, as a way to fill up all the "empty" space that was once filled with a different life...and trying to do the best that I can to navigate in someplace I've never even been.



These 4 pictures are representative of me...

the funny/flirty/silly me...who sometimes doesn't believe it all...

the one that is a little unsure and only half in the picture...

the one that is looking up and forward to the new adventure...Wondering what is ahead...

and the one that is just trying to figure it all out sometimes...By herself!

3 comments:

Rozzilyn said...

Very good. I like the analogies and the correspondences you are putting together and the places you are working on...alone. Good realizations!

Anonymous said...

hey sade,
you look so pretty! nice angles! anyways, i was just browsing... no actually i was curious about what you made me! sorry, you know i cant stand to wait! anyways, i love you!
thais

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin