06 June 2006

I'm Square



Well, this is my first attempt at me, myself as pop art. Since I don't have photoshop and am not quite sure how to work the thing I do have...I improvised. I notice that I improvise a lot. I also had to search in my little brain for the art history I took so many years ago...for something that would fit! I'm kind of wondering who the artist is that did all the primary squares (yes, other than the Partridge family show opening!)


I've never really thought of myself as art per se...Which is interesting because we're all really art aren't we? We can all fit into these boxes, these colorful boxes...Sometimes they're already set up for us like the kind of daughter, sister or wife people expect of you. And sometimes we set them up for ourselves...Like the kind of daughter, sister or wife we think we should be! We build walls (boxes) around ourselves to shut people or experiences or feelings out...Sometimes we build walls (boxes) around ourselves to keep things in...secrets, special new relationships (in the beginning) and hopes and dreams (while we nurture them). I'm noticing that at this point in my life, I am trying to see where (and examine why) I built the walls in my life, the ones that are shutting things out and break out of them...Fold them down...Use the colors that I've stored in those boxes in other areas of my life for something more fun, and maybe something I could even share with the people around me, instead of using the boxes to hide in. Blowing out the dust in these boxes and not use them for storage! This project is just a great example of where I am in my life...Actually, it's a great reminder of the work that I need to do! And believe me...I didn't know that when I started this post...I would end up here!


And to think...to be "square" was once considered to not be hep, or cool...

And I am both hep and cool

(at least I am in some of my boxes!)

1 comment:

Rozzilyn said...

Yay, that was good. Not only the art, which was nice and graphic, but also the analogies and metaphors. I guess it's art therapy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin