20 June 2006

Day 9

Wow, what a great quote for today, and I certainly need it! It was really hard for me to get out of bed this morning and go on my walk...And I did it anyway! I feel good because, as I said yesterday, it's part of the commitment I've made to myself! Plus, it's really nice to have something to get me out of bed in the morning...And nothing like the challenge to remind me of that!

In leau of what has been going on in my life, I was feeling sad that the memories I'm having are going to be a part of "My Story"...The one that I review from time to time in my life...The one that I've lived. And then I thought that there is so much more to My Story than what is happening right now...And a lot of it is paling in comparison because it's not happening anymore...So
guess what? Time helps...And helps and helps more. Time to start and finish this challenge, time to feel and heal.



And this reminder of looking at what is right in my life...It is just coming at a perfect time for me! It switches the focus to the areas that I've succeeded in. I was telling my sister and my mother both yesterday..."Oh what if I can't do this?" and they reminded me that I am doing it...And I started to notice that I really think it's all a fluke. Like, well, I'm doing it right now...But it won't last! Of course it will, it may change, but I can do this...And I am doing this...And it's all OK and right for me! I can see what's working in my life as well as what's not...What's not does not need to be the focus anymore, especially when so much is working!

2 comments:

Lu said...

The quote was awesome today. Very inspiring.

Jolene George said...

Gosh! I'm so proud of you! I love your positive outlook. You're doing great!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin