22 June 2006

Day 11













Thank you all so much for your well wishes and for keeping me in your thoughts! Yesterday's ceremony went off without a hitch. It was a very powerful right of passage for me, with all sorts of amazing symbolism, meaning and support from my part of the universe. I did not follow a script of any sort, but included things in the ceremony that would make it more meaningful and individual for me.

And it was...
at the end as I sat in a chair placed in the direction of where I think my future lays, a blue jay skimmed my head before he flew into the same direction. And this morning after my walk, I was going to dump out the ashes of the fire pit...And there was a heart shape made by all the darker ashes, surrounded by white ashes...As I said, this was a powerful and moving ceremony for me (thank you to my sister Thais for giving me the idea and some direction...Before she had a fire of rose petals for herself yesterday...And my Mother who without...None of this would have been possible! And for letting me cry on her shoulder...that's been happening a lot lately!) And the I took the pictures of the above trees after I was all done...

Day 11



Today was incredible...I was able to get right out of bed and jump into my walk. I am so happy and proud of myself that I have made this commitment and that I am sticking with it! I am feeling more grounded and clear after my ceremony last night...And since Rhonna didn't post a quote yet today, I decided to do something to mark this occasion.





Let go...of the past...of the things that hold you back...


And then I wrote some of the things that I was letting go of last night underneath the flying Phoenix Heart...The things that I was burning:

Old thoughts...attitudes... postures...pictures...letters...
jewelry...people...habits...actions...

Plus, I left some space for things that I haven't thought of yet...But could still let go of, so I can move forward into my future!

1 comment:

Rozzilyn said...

That's great that you did your own topic and artwork. Looks like things are moving-even thru the grand square and yod of the solstice!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin