14 January 2008

Rest...


Relaxation...

Medication...

(I feel like Cajun Man...)

Home made creamy broccoli soup...

But, those were the themes that were prevalent in this the second weekend of the new year. There is a flu going around Prescott (and from what I can tell through blogland...the rest of the world)

I didn't have any
crazy symptoms during the week (maybe a few sniffles) But...I noticed that I was really tired. And quite out of it as well (see? I thought I was doing well, but had at least one mix-up where I confused 8:30 PM with 8:30 AM and missed a good friend's public presentation of which I was looking forward to) And, then on Thursday...I woke up at 9...

yes, 9...

That is not normal at all for me. It raised flags...(and, now I'm having weird vivid dreams of being late everywhere, or not even showing up...so, when I am sleeping...I am waking up scared and exhausted)

And wait...this girl is allergic to most medications right? True enough...but, my family has found some wonderful things to use for alternatives, and are so good...most of the people I know now take them as well.

The GSE is NutriBiotic...this is liquid grapefruit seed extract. I've been taking 8 drops in the morning and evening for some time now so that I can keep from being sick...it tastes horrible, but is absolutely amazing! It helps to prevent illness, but when you are ill...it runs sickness through your body quicker (and I take it as often as I want to then)

The oscillococcinum (I dare you to say that) is homeopathic and needs to be taken right at the start of the onset of symptoms...or it's too late and it won't be as effective.

I also take Emergen-C with MSM (for my joints) everyday anyway...

This was also a lot of the scene this week at the shop.

Instead of bringing the computer to work with me, I spent my downtime knitting...only I don't get too comfy at work, in PJ pants with gnomes on them...and set Junior Mints on my legs...but, you get the picture.

I finished a pair of legwarmers this week...which I was able to wear over to Megan's when I was invited to dinner...

So, it wasn't an entire weekend resting in the house...but I spent a lot of time watching favorite movies, relaxing...and occasionally napping. No errands, cleaning or running around for me...just trying to recover and keep this at bay.

With the occasional treat (a gluten free peanut butter cookie) to enjoy with my Cold Care and Echinacea tea...

And, while I've managed to chase away the worst (I think)...

I still feel exhausted...

and scared.

Damn restless sick - dream - sleep...

Looks like it's going
to be another week of carefully choosing any extra activities...and letting the rest go until another time...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon, sweet Sadira!

flutter said...

Oh honey, please feel better soon.

Felicia said...

Sweetie pie, you're doing a great job fighting those nasty bugs. I'll send some positive thoughts your way!

Felicia said...

Oh, and I forgot to tell you how totally awesome those groovy gnome pj bottoms are :)

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon.. I've been puny, too! It's no fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh! It stinks to be sick. I hope you're on the mend ASAP!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin