31 January 2008

Happy Birthday...

Rozzilyn!!

You are 11 years old today...I just talked to you, and you said that you didn't feel 11...

I personally am amazed that you are 11...because that must mean, like you...I am also 11 years older...and it seems like it was last week that I was pushing you in the swing in the tree in my front yard, and that I was taking you to the drinking fountain for the first time...or we were spending the afternoon walking up and down the front steps, because it was so fun for you to do...

Now, you are telling
jokes and displaying a wonderful sense of humor, writing and illustrating your own books and comics...you are out knitting everyone in this family...making up new patterns and creations and dreaming up new stitches out of the blue. You are smart smart smart...and are doing well with your schooling! You love all things Vintage Barbie...have a million purses...love to paint your nails...and still bring your doll Madison with you wherever we go...You are in that in between age (that's what everyone used to tell me at your age) This year for Christmas, you made and wrapped presents for all of your dolls and other imaginary people in your life...it was touching to watch...And, yet you're not too old to run up and hug me every time I see you...I like that...even though you're almost as tall as I am, and pretty soon you'll probably just be patting me on my head. Every time I spend any time with you lately, you usually have me laughing at something you say...and I enjoy the time I spend with you more and more (if that's possible) because you bring such laughter and love into my life!

When I asked you if you felt older today, the answer was NO...And, I think while you may look older than you once did, I'm happy that you still feel young...you'll probably find that as time goes on, you'll still feel young (which is good, because that means the rest of us can get younger with you!)

Happy Birthday Rozzilyn...I love you!!

3 comments:

~Molly~ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROZ!!! Enjoy your special day!

Molly

flutter said...

what a cool kid!

luvmygreenbug said...

Hope you had a great birthday, Roz!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin