26 August 2007

The Weekend Update...

(Can I say that? Or is it copyrighted by Saturday Night live? No matter...)

The weekend seems like a strange blur punctuated with walking, and sewing and reading...

Saturday afternoon...Megan had a lovely soiree!

Guests were to bring a side dish...and rather than limiting myself to just one thing (cause' who can do just that?) I brought my Applesauce cupcakes along with a fresh cucumber/tomato/artichoke heart/parsley/olive salad as well...

I got to use my sweet vintage muffin tins to help me in my culinary adventure...and was planning on grabbing vanilla and chocolate icing (to do black and whites in honor of the new Mac...oh, yes, you heard me right) and I accidentally grabbed the chocolate cake mix...not the chocolate icing mix...grrrr

The food spread was amazing (as always) and I got to sneak away with a few left overs...

And, I came home at a wonderfully decent hour (which sometimes doesn't happen when we all get together)

Megan is a jewelry designer along with being a talented artist using other art mediums...and it is a joy to be invited to her house to visit with every one...and see all of her latest creations...I am lucky enough to carry several of her jewelry pieces in Snap Snap if anyone would like to pop by and see them...


And, since I am usually so inspired by Megan and her creativity...I decided to get crack-a-lackin' on making that top I was meaning to get around to um, last weekend...and then all week?

I dug the now wrinkled fabric out of the dryer...and laid A top that I recently bought at Target over the top and used that as a guide/pattern.

It's a kind of
loose smockish design with 2 front pockets (which I did not have time to sew on before the party...but did on Sunday morning)





And, it must be a Mexican fabric sort of week...cause' I'm finally using some of the fabric I have had stashed...

See...I knew it would come in handy!

I got up on Sunday and finished a few of the details I didn't quite have time for on Saturday, which was sewing on both pockets, and a set of vintage red bow style buttons...I also included a little close-up of the elastic back detail...





I do like
the way it turned out, and since I didn't use a pattern there were moments of sitting and having to ponder quite a bit over what step should come next...and what step would be easier...










And, it was quite a hit at the party as well...I was thinking maybe because at the most inopportune moments one or both of the straps would fall down...

blush.

But, I fixed that and safety pinned it to the necessary undergarments when I wore it again on Sunday...

I guess it was a hit...

warranting a 2-day-in-a-row wearing...



I am using a huge disclaimer on this next photo:

I am putting it up because Ms. Megan looks so lovely...I, however...seem to feel the need of grinning like an idiot simpleton when I get in front of the camera at times...

And, how many chins can one girl have?

Really...

And, I don't care what you say...it's not good.

There will be no further discussion.


Well, since I
happened to have the sewing machine up and running on Sunday...I fused this little Mexican tarot card to the back of this lovely black Lucky Brand tank top I have.

The tank top says:

Lover

so, I figured that
the little card with the crossed arrows was just romantic enough to go on the back, and dress it up a bit.

And I think I shall wear it on Monday...

Cause' I don't know if it's proper to wear my skellington shirt 3 days in a row...

6 comments:

Dee Light said...

I just love the shirt you made, too cute!!! And those muffin tins!!! And Apple Sauce Cup Cakes!!! What a weekend!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've GOT to ask you to ask Megan, was she home-schooled and took a drawing class, or painting class at Yavapai one summer as a 16 year old? She just looks super familiar to me, like someone I sat next to in '92 or '93 in a class and loved talking with.
-Suz

Carol Dunton said...

LOLLLLLLL!!! I absolutely LOVE the fabric you used for your new top!! And it is so not my style, but I LOVE it!!! Yeah, just slap a top from Target onto some fabric and whip out your own creation....geesshh... girl, you're killing me here with the talent ya got!! I think you look ADORABLE in ALL of the pics...the top had to have been a hit! And I'm so glad you had such a nice time at your little soiree! And, again, you're cracking me up with the mexican tarot card on the shirt... lol... I just love your spirit!! : )
VB

Anonymous said...

Cool fabric... you always have the most creative stuff!

Jolene George said...

I tried to comment earlier, cut my computer was being funky so I came back.
I was telling Mark just last night that I was really in the mood for cupcakes, now you have to go and tease me with pictures! :o)
Chad has the mac book pro laptop in white. He loves it!

Anonymous said...

Love that top!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin