24 August 2007

A Shiny Red Apple Is Nice, But...

Not Every Apple is Red...


Oh yes, Sadira has been very good to herself this year (she was thinking as she went over it in her head recently) Shall I break it down for you?

  1. New Used Car
  2. Jewelry from Tiffany's
  3. Canon Digital Camera
  4. New Cell Phone

Oh...and this little surprise yesterday...

A new MacBook...








You see...I am coming up on 3 years for my HP, and the original plan was to get a cheaper computer to see if I really used it...then upgrade to a better model if I did

...well, I do...so, I did...

I am also an insane saver, and when I put my mind to a goal, I usually achieve it...

And, yesterday was the day.

So, into the local Mac store I did go where I met Rich there after work, and he walked me through all the Macs...

I had originally thought I would like the 17" MacBook Pro...but decided for the price difference, I would actually like the 13.3" MacBook...in BLACK...which has more features, and incidentally matches my Nano...while still fitting on the card table/computer desk I use.

Plus...the little apple on the screen lights up white...

swoon

I am super impressed
with this computer already...and have stayed up a little past my bed time to play with it a little while longer...mostly to see if I could do a blog post...

I'm tellin' ya' there are so many amazing little extras this thing comes with...including a remote control that is so cute I want to make it into a key chain and carry it around with me (OK, maybe that's a little much) Plus, apple kindly encloses little apple stickers...so, the honey of a car may have a new decoration soon!

I'm actually
so excited I may start using more exclamation points as I write (which explains why Mac users tend to use them...they're just so darned excited about their computers)

My next goal is to get the house painted...I wonder how many exclamation points that will cause me to use?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GURL!!!!!

Sometimes you just gotta throw caution to the wind and be "xtry speshul" to yourself!

Me? I'm gonna buy some stuff for our new airstream!

stilettoheights said...

congrats on all the grown up toys!

Tonya said...

Oh I love all your new toys. How fun. Everyone says that the macs are the way to go. It just looks so darned cute.

rebecca said...

Welcome to the glorious land of the Mac! I've been using Apple computers since I started college (I'm on my second, as my first couldn't handle my intenseness after almost 4 years).

I'm the proud owner of a 17" MacBook Pro. And I LOOOOOOOOVE it. His name is Larry Jr. (Because my original computer was Larry... it's funny that this one is the Jr. because my old computer was a 12"... TINY!)

They're just better. You can just feel it.

There's the slight Apple snob in me coming out. But they are magnificent!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes! One more Mac convert. Glad you have it, and I hope you really enjoy it.

Whenever you need "tech support" let me know. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how freakin' cute! Hope you have lots of fun with it!

See, we could have gotten one too! I wonder if it's too late to send that !@#$%^&* Dell back!

thatgirldina said...

6 posts already and it's only 8:30am!?! I feel like I'm late (fashionably?!) to the party!

WhooHoo for the new Mac! Such fun! Welcome to the Dark Side Peaches!
xoxo,
-deenie

Anonymous said...

Macs rule! I've been an owner since 1995 and wouldn't trade 'em for anything.

Anonymous said...

Hey! That's exactly the computer I have for home and work and LOVE it! Congrats!
Suz

Carol Dunton said...

aren't new toys just the best???

have the best time playing with it, girl!! : )

what a wonderful year!
vb

Granny J said...

Nothing like a new toy or two. My recent treats included a slide scanner and a new laser printer. I envy you your new laptop.

Catalyst said...

I once wrote a fan letter to a writer about his latest novel. He responded graciously and cleverly, saying receiving my letter "was as good as getting a new typewriter ribbon." (Obviously, this was pre-computer days.)

Sounds like your new toy/tool is equally fine.

sulu-design said...

I may just have to stop here with my catching up on unread posts. I am seething with jealousy! Enjoy that lovely apple!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin