15 August 2007

Morning Walks...

Are fun!

Well...usually they are, with the opportunity of getting up early and being out in the world before lot of people get going...seeing the wild life...wheezing...

Something may
or may not be wrong with me. Sounds weird, don't get too excited...but, I have a cold, or allergies that are now moving into a sinus thing (infection perhaps?) and a coughy lung thing. Why now? Why after I just committed to walking so much?

Could it be:

  • switching to decaf?
  • not having all of my days off and already being tired?
  • the cool evenings and warm days?
  • the humidity?
  • being covered with mosquito bites and being allergic to them?
  • my body detoxing due to increased and regular exercise?

Maybe it's a combination of all of those things, or something else I haven't thought of...whatever the case, I am not taking any breaks, but pushing through (because I'm worried about my motivation) and am feeling better every day (although tired)

However, I am enjoying my morning walks through the neighborhood, and besides the wildlife sightings, I am seeing some pretty interesting early morning characters as well...
  • The woman who jogs in really short athletic shorts, like the ones from the 70's?
  • The couple that dress all in white and look like they've stepped out of a Coldwater Creek catalog.
  • The two women who stroll leisurely through the streets under the guise of serious walking.
  • A friend of mine who mountain bikes and switches every other day with his wife who walks the dog so someone can stay home with their twins.
  • The parents of someone I went to high school with, that when I see them, causes me to cross the street so I don't have to hear about how well he's doing, his beautiful wife, and their angelic children.
  • The elderly couple who walk to Safeway every morning to get their paper...the woman wears so much perfume I smell like it after we pass each other!
  • The um, rather large woman on a bicycle who pedals and weaves like a drunk driver through the streets with a huge smile and blank look, somewhat reminding me of Marry Poppins only not as cute, and doesn't have that totally great parrot head umbrella (plus, the last time she offered me a spoon-full of sugar, I walked quickly away...cause' you're not supposed to take candy from strangers)

Maybe I should switch to yoga in the living room instead?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy those walks! And remind yourself, you're not being rained on (yet), sleeted on, and you're not waking up with mice on your chest. Just a few of my experiences walking the AT years ago.

The mouse staring at me was a bit much!

Hope you start feeling better! Summer colds / allergies aren't fun!

Anonymous said...

I love people watching and it sounds like your walk is the best for that. The too short shorts scare me. And the bike lady. OY!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon! Beautiful photos.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin