19 November 2006

Super Secret Birthday Surprise...

...OK, I lied, I did not post the pictures yesterday. Time is like sand running through my fingers these days...fast and hard to hold on to!

My Father's Birthday was yesterday...and I was lucky enough to celebrate it in going to my friend Megan's house for her birthday party.

I made her one of my purses...and I'm telling you, this girl got the pile of the most amazing hand made gifts. 2 beautiful bowls made from juniper wood that look as if they have roses in the bottoms of them...a wooden inlaid box with a woman with red hair (like the girl herself) and inlaid flowers, and a picture DVD...





It was so refreshing to see so much creativity...I'm thinking it's because she's such a talented jewelry maker, and she inspires those around her to give something of their talents...or as she says it, "what's your handle?"

AND...for my father's gift...the super secret one...I usually struggle, because he lives in the mecca of wonderful finds...so sometimes it's a bit challenging for me to really get him something he needs or doesn't already have! I decided to go with the creative angle...and came up with these little sweeties...







Happy Birthday Dad!

I got the official report back from him...and he loved them, loved the colors and the robotness! It's just a small thing to do for those who do so much for me in my life...
Happy Birthday guys!

3 comments:

laura capello said...

your robots are AWESOME.

sulu-design said...

What sweet, thoughtful, personal gifts. Musta made your dad misty eyed!

Anonymous said...

How fun are those robots!!!!
Jolene

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin