30 November 2006

The Jury is Still Out...

On whether or not yesterday was a good day.

On one hand: I finally finished my sock monkey hat...

On the other hand:
I almost had a complete knitting breakdown (and came quite close to tears...I seem to be emotional lately) and my back was killing me by the end of this project. I kept thinking, "I thought this was supposed to be relaxing?!"

I like the way it turned out though...but I was just reminding myself that this is the 4Th hat I have with ears on it. hmmm...that is bringing up a bit of anxiety, and I am truly wondering if people are going to be willing to be seen with me?

I found out via my comments, that I am someones artistic muse...
I have always wanted to be a muse...
Seriously.

The idea that I could inspire a picture created or a song sung (or in this case, a coloring book page colored) has been a thought that has fascinated and excited me for some time now. Now, I don't know if this will mean I will be walking around topless in a toga (yet another really good reason I may be walking around alone pretty soon) but, I am truly honored...and it sounds like I need to go pick up some more art for my refrigerator from Dina and Niko (my artist)


While I was walking here and there yesterday morning, I looked down and found this beautiful rose pine cone on the sidewalk...I think it's a message from the universe (someone up there may just like me, I love these little messages from nature) Speaking of messages...I am becoming more efficient in the text-messaging realm. I go quite slow, and I am wondering deep down inside if it wouldn't just be easier to pick up the phone and call the person...but it's kind of cute...these little messages.


Then...when I came home from work (which was a little busier) the washing machine overflowed...spilling water all about the basement floor. I have the hose hooked into the utility sink down there, and the water drains into a grey water system...watering the trees on the back of my property.
On one hand: there are these little troughs built into the floor so nothing gets ruined...
On the other hand:
I had to pick up a screwdriver and plunge myself into the sink and dig out all sorts of icky things from the drain...
On the other hand: I found $10 in the washer.

See what I mean? The jury's still out.

3 comments:

sulu-design said...

Knitting always stressed me out more than it relaxed me, too! I stick to scarves now. Your hat is adorable, though. Nice work!

Jolene George said...

I know you've had an emotional year. Don't let the little stuff get you down. (which sometime feels like pretty big stuff) You really are a positive girl who is so creativly talented. Lots of blessings to count. Your sock monkey hat turned out so cute!

Rozzilyn said...

Awwww, the hat is so cute! I'll walk around with you while you're wearing it. Sounds like time for a little baking soda and vinegar in el drain. Or after that 9 degree morning we had maybe the drain was frozen?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin