09 November 2006

Arizona...The Endless Summer...

I am having difficulty finding my rhythm right now...


I know, looking at these pictures is evidence that we're in the throws of fall...but the daily temperature begs to differ (I can't believe I'm actually talking about the weather...complaining even, the one thing I hate people to do when they come into the shop...well, that and leave clothes all over the place) It has been in the high 70's for several days now. It is November. I'm thinking that the only reason the leaves are actually turning is out of habit. (OK...it's in the 30's at night too...that may have something to do with it) Really...perfect cold/flu weather...hot during the day and freezing at night. I know there are a lot of you guys out there that are living where it's cold...but you don't understand...it's supposed to be cold!
(right?)





I sit huddled in my house in the morning with the heat on and the cat in my lap for extra warmth...step outside to walk to work...and I have to take my sweater off (I'm desperately trying to dress for the fall) (and don't worry...I have a tee on under it...usually) and then have to take my socks off halfway to work because my feet are so hot. And no water falls from the sky here. We're in a draught and this state is known for it's wonderful golf. You figure it out. Every time I open my water bill, someone is trying to tell me how to conserve water...and I see some very green golf courses in this state. Which is why my family has been tossing around the idea of finding a place to live that still has seasons. I long for the winters of my youth...I grew up here in the North land...when the snow was piled up so high in the middle of the street you couldn't see over it to the other side, and we'd miss multiple days of school...sigh.



Until then, I'm going to have to come to terms with the temperature here aren't I? And find some way to feel like it's fall...Oh, I think I'm going to have to get out among the trees more, and have a late night shopping and pie excursion with my friend Dina (when I know it will be cold...next Thurs. it is baby!) and a little bit of local entertainment tonight seeing the play Honk with My Pal Amy. Mom and Rozzie saw it and loved it...they had a special day when homeschoolers could see it for a wonderfully discounted price! But, right now I'm off to the fall sale at JoAnn's to pick up some severely discounted things to create with...

maybe they'll have the air conditioning on...

1 comment:

Jolene George said...

It's been too darn warm down here too....certainly not November weather. I would love a chill in the air. I love the pictures of the trees...just beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin