27 April 2006

Rozzilyn's First Recital!


I'm taking a small break from blogging the trip to tell you about Rozzie's first recital! It was titled:

A Night of Music

"nothing is better than music; when it takes us out of time, it has done more for us than we have the right to hope for." - Nadia Boulanger, 1919



It started at 7 pm and ended around 8:30, and was an extremely enjoyable evening. Rozzilyn performed both a song entitled Omm Pa Pa, solo, and one with the entire group entitled Flower of Edinburgh. Now, she hasn't been playing all that long...And I wish I could attach my video clips because she was amazing! Her solo was great, and her timing was right on during the group song even though they only played it once together before they performed it for us, and there was a lot of noise she wasn't use to! I'm telling you, she was not even nervous, and when she sat down she said, "well, how was the movie???" and "did I sound alright?"



She was playing beside my friend Steve's little boy Nick...they were both really good.
Did I mention that already?






And kudos to Ellen, her teacher and my best pal's mother and my other mother...she was stellar with all the instruments she played along side her students...the piano, flute and harp...and really if she'd pulled out her piccolo the evening would've been complete
(weird but still...)


And thanks to Erin, Taylor and Kate my mom and Rozzie's neighbors, who came and gave Rozzilyn a beautiful bouquet of roses. I know we all appreciate the support and love being able to share our family! Plus, Kate is just 2 and was quite entertaining...And she did really well for such a long program.

Congratulations Rozzilyn...You were wonderful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, great pics - it was a fun show!! Rozzie was awesome and performed beautifully!!!

Rozzilyn said...

Why, thank you Aunt Sadie-I'm glad you could be there. And thank you for the flowers. Rozzilyn

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin