05 April 2006

OH Knit!

Well...Due to the weird nature of my car transmission, and the fact that I hold my breath every time I get in the car and drive around (so I can listen to various car engine noises....Which should make for some very short trips...Not breathing and all!) I was nervous about having to dive Cody home...So it was just my mom, Rozzie and I.
You'll be happy to know that my mom finished her beautiful cotton bag! And was not quite inspired to cast on anytime soon for another project...As all the projects that look interesting call for various sets of double sided needles...And that may just be too scary right now! So, there was a lot of shuffling of various knitting books and then the 365 days of knitting calendar she received for Christmas...And towards the end of the night she remembered exactly what she wants to get started on next...a yummy cotton sweater for Rozzilyn.


(I however, finished my little black bag, and it just awaits it's felting...And started on some lovely small strips of red knitting...more on what they'll be later!)

Rozzie worked on her comic strip...I'm very impressed by her humor and her drawing...Here's something she drew on Sunday when she was here...


I also got my Easter basket! Well, at least the stuff, I had to leave the basket at my mom's...I guess I gave it to her for another holiday, and she didn't want to give it back!


I got 2 sets of wonderful vintage towels, one with His and Hers carrots on them (although I'm still waiting for the He in Him) and a set with 2 of the most wonderful girlies on them (that I will be soaking in Oxyclean and putting in the bathroom asap!) I also got an egg candle, and a set of "vintage" luggage stickers for my naked vintage luggage, and a book illustrated by one of my favorites...Edward Gorey. But, the best thing is...My fancy felt chickie with her beautiful hat and long necklace with matching ear rings!
I'm feeling a bit sad that I won't be here for my birthday/Easter combo, since it doesn't happen too often...(only once before that we can remember) but, I'm sure Italy will be a wonderful trade-off!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin