06 April 2006

Corners of my home

In which spring has sprung...Just in time to get clobbered by rain and snow!



This is a picture of my ornamental cherry tree, the view I see upon looking out my huge picture window in the front of my home. This is an amazing view as it has a riot of pink blooms on it every spring...which really symbolizes the rebirth of the season for me...either that or the fact that the trees in Northern Arizona do not have cellular memory, and are constantly following our sometimes temperate weather...Only to get clobbered by rain, sleet, snow and freezing. Seriously, I know people who haven't had peaches for 3 years...and this may look like a 4th. I shake my head at all the poor people who move here and flood the nurseries around town early in the season, because it really seems like it's going to be warming up and planting and planting...Only to get shaken up by some late weather storm...As a rule, I try not to plant anything until after Mother's Day, and I know with global warming, sometimes people try to sneak things in.

It doesn't work.

Mostly growing up in Prescott, we've had more white Easters rather than white Christmases. (There are no songs for that!) And I love all the weather here...So my pink blooms are being rained and sleeted upon, yet, they are seeming to hold their own, bowing in the branch under the strain of the wet...and it's still beautiful to look at.

Happy Spring!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin