03 April 2006

Sunday April 2nd...

Participants:

  • Rozzie
  • Sadira
  • Susan

More spring-like today...and we crafted and created with the door wide open! We all agreed that we need to rig up something nice on the patio in the outside where we can participate fully in the outdoors when it gets warmer! I sniffled a lot, I've been trying to decide whether or not I have allergies or a little spring cold... We celebrated a little early Easter...I made this needle case and matching wrist pin cushion for my mother...



I made this a while ago...but with gifts, it's hard to write about them, because I hate to ruin any surprises. I got the pattern from Pattern Bee .
I made a knitting needle case yesterday...which was just in time...as you can see, because my knitting needle collection has really multiplied, I wonder if they're like clothes hangers?



I am making a matching yarn and knitting bag soon, although that may have to wait until I come back from Italy! (My camera hardly gives this justice...as the material is from the 60's and is fluorescent lime green and pink stripes...on a softer pink background!)





As you can see, the needle case rolls right up for easy storage and portability!
















My mom thrifted a wonderful piece of fabric with bunnies printed on it...there are four bunnies of various sizes to cut out, make and stuff...she made one total, and also worked on her other felt chickie projects! We were in near hysterics as the directions on the fabric that kept telling her to do everything EXACTLY...and they were a little wrong in some places...so by the time she was at the stuffing part, it felt like she used the entire bag of stuffing, and the cardboard base for the bottom did not fit in...even though she followed everything EXACTLY! So, as a lot of projects go, we figured she'd just sail right along and get them all done yesterday...










I love the way the bunny turned out! I cant' wait to see the rest!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin