26 October 2008

Lemon Bars Makes Everything Better...

Because they do...especially when they're made to share. I wish I could send one to each of you...but, you can take my word for it, they were delicious (and there were 2 tiny one's left over...for breakfast you know)

I actually made them to take to Megan's parent's house for a little Sunday night dinner for our friend Jen and her family, who are in town...but honestly? I thought of the blogworld...honestly, I would send them if I thought they would keep...or if there were more than 2 left (really...breakfast)

Can I tell you how lovely it feels to finally sit down and get my thoughts to paper, or rather, to keyboard and lit computer screen? There's a part of me that felt so oddly silenced for the last few weeks. That somehow a part of my life was put on hold...silently waiting. I now realize how important it is for me to blog...to express those parts of me that I don't often get to in the every day activity that I call life. And yet, I noticed that without the Macaroon in my life, I almost stopped thinking about "can I blog this?" in most situations that I came across. I think a very important balance may have been struck here...
  • I need to express myself in ways other than speaking.
  • I need to be more present during my life instead of trying to make a blog out of everything, thus taking myself out of the situation as a participant...and become an observer.
  • And, it's OK to take a break.
(just not a huge one...because I miss you...heck, I miss me)

The bad thing was that I was a bit pouty about it, and I didn't even bring my camera to the gallery opening. I haven't actually picked up my camera in a while...it seems as if I've taken a camera break as well. I think there was a part of me that was saying, "meh...what's the point? I have no where to store these pictures even..." as if I was to be Macaroonless forever. It may be that I was punishing myself for not having the Mac...as if not being able to reach out into the blogosphere wasn't bad enough...it was kind of like back in the day of horses and mail.

No computer? Well then, no using your camera either.

Ha!

Take that...

Actually, I think with everything else that has been happening, I was so overwhelmed, the camera was the last thing I was thinking of when it came right down to it...

Now? Well, now I'm just feeling a little shy to be back here in this space.

I will blog more about the gallery opening for you though. I am working on collecting pictures from those people who did take pictures. Thank you Tom, for helping a gal out...and if anyone else has any, please feel free to share them with me...

Until then (I am exhausted as I just spent quite a bit of time righting my iTunes yet again...and I still haven't had time to catch up with my favorite blogs...not to mention catch up with The Starter Wife and The EX list...both of wich I watch on the Macaroon) I will put my feet up and rest. But, not before I leave you with this teaser...

This is the incredible piece of jewelry Megan made me for the gallery opening. It is pink pearls separated by blue glass beads...and a very fantastic vintage German glass green and gold skull bead...the clasp is a vintage rhinestone button. One can wear this necklace either very plainly with the one glass bead showing and the pearls...or you can twist the entire thing around to show the clasp as well...it is amazing, and I personally planned my whole outfit around it...a black dress and pink heels with little leather flowers on them...I felt just wonderful and got quite a few compliments from people as well...

I can't wait to share...

I just hope I remember it all...it was a long time ago after all!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back!

thatgirldina said...

Horray! You're back! We have loads and loads to catch up on in real life. I'm sorry I've been MIA, but between this lingering fall cold/flu thing and the moving sale, I've been losing my mind and haven't wanted to subject you to any strange illnesses or mental anguish....or worse. There is a light at the end of the tunnel however, and it includes pupcakes and a bottle of cabernet on my deck. Thursday or Friday work for you?

thatgirldina said...

Oh carp...I just realized Friday is Halloween. I swear, the days are all blending together at this point. :) So....how's Thursday? Heehee!

Chickenbells said...

Lois - Thank you! I'm happy to be back!

ThatGirlDina - oh sweetie...pupcakes and wine sound delightful...I have sent you an email setting up a date...We DO need to catch up!

Anonymous said...

Yippee! You're back! The lemon bars look divine. Makes me want to make some, too, even though I always think of them as a summer treat (and it's definitely fall here).

sulu-design said...

I have to tell you, I've backed off a bit from my blogging a lot this year, taking my camera to fewer social gatherings, writing a lot less than I used to about every thing I do, and leaving a lot of my life out of the blog. To be honest, it's made blogging a lot more enjoyable, and it has made me able to enjoy activities a lot more than I used to when I was worried about capturing them all for the sake of the blog. I hope you give yourself whatever break you need. And enjoy those lemon bars.

flutter said...

I need a lemon bar.

Mytutorlist.com said...

Oh, lemon squares! Delish! My friend's mother used to make the most amazing lemon squares. I had no idea they were so good until I grudgingly ate one at their house one day. After that, I was a convert.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin