30 October 2008

Graffiti Wonderland...

This week, after a particularly long night at work for Rich, he woke up a little earlier than I expected got crackin on a list of to-do's and we jumped in the Titan to go find some areas to photo that people tole him were not to miss.

Well, we missed them.

People often have the best intentions about all sorts of wonderful things that you must see, but they can't usually give the clearest directions on how to get there. Then again, I'm kind of like that myself, I can usually drive you to a place I've been...maybe even describe other markers when you're there, but I can't usually remember street or highway names. I thought it was because I've lived here practically forever, but maybe it's not that. Maybe I'm just not observant...


We did happen to cross paths with a fantastic old house that was made from stone on the way to where we were trying to go...so, when we didn't make it there, we decided to turn around and take photos of this instead.

The house, obviously abandoned for quite some time, was standing on a small rise in the middle of a large field. There was a bit of a lake and a couple of huge cottonwood trees...a very cool spot. I always wonder why people choose to leave these places? I mean, what happens that makes them go elsewhere? This seems like a wonderful place to live...

Well, except for all the now graffiti and broken glass that litters the area due to the partiers that have apparently adopted this place, it's No Trespassing sign laying discarded and scuffed up on the ground outside the structure. And the weeds...

Man, there are a TON of dried up weeds all over the place that jumped all over Rich and I's naked toes. It's been so danged mild (like 80 degrees) here as of late, it is still perfect weather to wear Chacos...which made it easy for the stickers and spines to jump on the toes...I bent down several times to rid myself of them, and then...you know how it goes? It feels like they're still there.

Anywho...this was a gem of a place to photo, and if I ever move in, I'll be sure to bring a lawn mower before I walk around in my bare feet. And some paint for that nasty graffiti...oh, and a roof.

1 comment:

TomboCheck said...

now that looks like my sort of place. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin