08 October 2006

I've Been Tagged...

...yes, I've been tagged by Jolene...
And, since I have a spare few moments this Sunday before Creative Sunday officially starts...I thought I'd just squeeze it right in! The Rules:

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether or not they have words, or even if they are not any good, but they must be songs you are really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your LiveJournal/blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they are listening to...

1. Such Great Heights - Iron and Wine

2. The Flower Duet - Lakme (opera)

3. Lips Like Sugar - Echo and The Bunnymen

4. Hide and Seek - Imogen Heap

5. Paper Bag - Fiona Apple

6. Yellow - Coldplay

7. Bridges and Balloons - Joanna Newsom


I usually buy a lot of compilations techno/house/world music for the shop...and anything that I truly love, I play and play there until I kind of get sick of it. Although, it takes a little longer to truly get sick of a compilation, because there's usually so much going on in one. I know, horrible, but true! There is some music that I enjoy that I don't listen to in the shop, like opera. I love opera, and most classical music as well.

Now List 5 weird things you don't know about me...

1. I eat a handful of Junior Mints every night. I've been doing this for quite a while now, and the way I figure it is...a handful of Junior Mints a day keeps my ice cream cravings away...mostly because I have major lactose problems, and I don't like to eat too much dairy.

2. I don't have the greatest inner dialogue! I say some appalling things to myself on a daily basis. I don't feel confident, or put together or that I know what I'm doing. I often don't feel successful at my life and business...I think a lot of the times, that this is all a big farce. OK...now, with therapy, these issues are getting a bit better, and I can feel things changing. It is just in there, and I think it's weird to an extent, so I decided to list it...plus, most people really don't know that about me!

3. I love okra. Love it! Love it so much that my mother gave me some the other day, and I am not going to be able to save it to even fry it (which is one of my favorite things to do with it) because I love to eat it raw. I love it for the exact reasons most people hate it...I love the slimy texture, and the taste is divine!

4. During the holiday season, about all I can handle is reading those trashy romance novels. You know the ones with the "throbbing manhood" stuff? Seriously, I don't know what it is, if the world is just stressed out and I'm picking up on it...if I too, am stressed out, and this is all my attention can handle! If you would walk into the shop and I'm reading, I will throw it under the counter and hide it (well...now you know!)

5. I am seriously into the Fall Temptations from Bath and Body Works...Especially the Pumpkin Pie Spice. I bought the 3-in-1 bath/soap/hair...although, I don't think I'd use it as a shampoo. I got a free lotion from the new amber collection...oh excuse me...body butter! I have a coupon for something free from the fall temptations line, and I have practically been counting down the days (Monday, thank you!) And I just looked on their site, there are lip glosses in these flavors...I don't really think I could be trusted with that! Although, maybe someone would kiss me if I bought one? (ohhh...marketing is a sneaky little monkey!)

OK...since I don't know 7 people well enough in blogland...I will tag:



and ask anyone else who reads this either send me a list in the comments...or send me a link to your blog with this all filled out! I would love to hear more about all of you!!

5 comments:

thatgirldina said...

What fun! I'm honored!
xoxo,
-deenie

Rozzilyn said...

Oh no! I didn't know all that stuff about you. You are so in trouble!

Mrs. Joseph aka SackJo22 said...

I came upon your blog during my random sojourn through the "next blog" button and wanted to let you know that I visited. I too like IMogene Heap, Fiona Apple and Coldplay. My song list:

1. Hide and Seek -- Imogene Heap
2. So Lonesome I Could Cry -- Hank Williams
3. Jerks On The Loose -- The Roches
4. Wolf Who Lives in Lindsey -- Joni Mitchell
5. Let's Do It -- Dinah Washington
6. All of Me -- Billie Holiday
7. Black Tambourine -- Beck

thatgirldina said...

1. I eat a handful of Junior Mints every night.

Thanks! Guess what I had for dinner!? ;) I actually saw evidence of this on Friday night. The empty tell-tale box was sitting near your laptop.

Jolene George said...

I'm not familiar with your music, but I can really tell that you enjoy it...and that my friend is what matters!
I loved learning more about you through your little revealed secrets. :o) Thanks for playing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin