04 October 2006

An Apple A Day...


That's been happening a lot lately around here hasn't it? This is a picture of all the apples I can't get to in the tree in my back yard...because this tree grows in a large ravine, and there's just no solid ground for me to stand on, and the trunk and branches of this tree would in no way support my body! (I've lost a lot of weight...but I am not a fairy!) I feel a little sad that I can't get to these guys and make another pie, but when my mother, Rozz and I were walking to the CSA tonight, we passed 2 apple trees in her neighborhood that are loaded down with apples that no one is picking at all! Maybe I'll steal some of theirs? You would not believe how many trees like that are around town.

I am contemplating making this project for myself soon. I know I'm going to need some help ahead of time, and at Studio 3 here in town, I can pay $15 to sit with a group of experienced knitters and one lead knitter extraordinaire and get all the help I need until I finish my project...So, I am certainly checking into that. I need to get all my yarn and needles first, luckily we have some 50% off coupons for JoAnn's this week, so it's wooden circular and double pointed needles in a size 10 for me!

My house is filling with the delicious smell of salmon with capers and potato au'gratin with soy...so I must be going. I need to eat before Project Runway tonight so that I can be ready to partake in some Junior Mints while watching it! (A special treat for myself since I've now taken the rather large pile of fabric to the shop to commence in cutting out the material for bags there) And, if anyone sees any bag that I post to the blog, and you do actually want it, please let me know. I charge $16.50 for them, and will ship them to you for $4.00 extra. I am contemplating starting an etsy shop, but am a little scared, so I will be taking it a bit slow...So, please let me know!

3 comments:

Jolene George said...

Do you want me to send some boys up there to scale that tree and pick those apples for you? :o)

Barry O'Connor said...

Cute monkey hat! You've totally got to set up an etsy shop - I was really timid to do so myself, but it's so easy and fun to check up on. And thanks for the suggestion on my blog. Powell's is a sure thing on our list.

sulu-design said...

Sorry! The comment above is NOT from Barry (who was signed into our computer last), but from little old me!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin