08 July 2010

Christmas in July...


One of the local thrifts in town decided to have  Christmas in July sale...which is exciting to me just in case there are any vintagy Christmas things lurking around their place and may find their way out on the floor...

(although I just realized Christmas is about 5 months away, so there is that)

I haven't seen anything that's caught my eye and made me jump up and down until yesterday, which is when I came upon all these cute vintage Christmas cards...and for 10 cents a piece I was pretty jumpy.  It's kind of strange though, because I was honestly thinking not too much earlier in the morning that I may not send out cards this year since the price of postage keeps going up, and I would just create one card and direct all my friends and relatives to the blog instead...Not the same, but whatever.

(guess what Post Office?  We're all having to readjust in this economy and a lot of us aren't making as much money as we once did...I mean, Rain, Hail, Sleet, and Snow doesn't stop you...but a struggling economy does?  Harmph...)

  And then here these little sweeties pop right into my life.

I got a whole handful of the Santa ones, and the other ones just one a piece (which I thought maybe I could decorate with them instead?)  The cards actually came with their original envelopes which is great...although I was wondering what the shelf life of licky glue is on these things and will I get sick if I then lick the envelopes to seal them?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh, those are really a good find! I love the retro Santas like that... so cheery and happy-faced...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin