26 February 2009

Chihuly in Phoenix...

Yikes.

I've missed way too many days blogging this week haven't I? I have actually been oscillating between too many things to say and then nothing to say at all...plus, I haven't been sleeping well, so I feel a little like I've been hit by a fast moving truck. Or maybe it's slow moving...it's hard to tell.

I wanted to tell you all about the recent trip down to the Phoenix Botanical Gardens where there is currently a Chihuly exhibit. I love Chihuly's art, and mentioned going down several times, and the weather was finally right...so we headed down.

It was enchanting how well the glass looked among the living plants, and every corner I turned never failed to take my breath away.



Seeing all the glass reminded me (only very basically though) of the various colored glass balls hanging in the trees at Foolsewoode. I also didn't fail to look at the beautiful plants, flowers and wildlife hanging around...even though it was a little hard with all the beautiful glass...


It was a beautiful day...the weather was perfect, and I'm thrilled we went. We actually went down and caught the second show from 4-8...the dusk to the darkness, even though we went home before it got to dark...but, we got to see this beauty all lit up:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

His art is awesome. I like the juxtaposition of the modern glass against the natural elements. Makes his work seem kinda organic.

(how's that for fancy art talk?)

Catalyst said...

Glad you got to see the show.

Anonymous said...

That's gorgeous! I love his work. I saw this installation a few years ago when it was at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, and it blew me away.

Mytutorlist.com said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE Chihuly! I can never believe that it's glass. So unbelievably marvelous.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the boat filled with the glass balls; i want it in my yard!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin