11 February 2009

Back to Basics...

::Something simple to start the day::

I went to bed last night knowing that I would not attempt to get up at my regular early morning hour and try to blast my way through the snow and ice on the roads in an attempt to get to the gym. Instead, I would wake up and shovel all my walks instead. I'm not saying that this simple action makes up for missing the gym, but it makes it much easier to walk around out there. My home sits in a shadow and the snow doesn't really seem to be melting...which is something, as we supposedly have another storm on the way...

So, I spent some time shoveling the snow away and knocking the heavy snow off branches of the trees, and bushes that were bent over from the snow load.


::Something simple to end the day::

Driving Honey home, through the snow and the ice...marveling at how well she does in both. I just adore this car...

Making one of my very favorite soups from Apples For Jam, the Broccoli Soup. I love this soup because it is the gentle cooking of 3 simple ingredients in water (broccoli, potatoes, and onion) adding salt to bring out the flavor of the broccoli...coupled with pepper. Using the hand blender to puree all the ingredients together, making this super green and creamy...and adding a bit of soy cream to further thicken the soup.

It's easy to miss thick creamy soup when you don't eat dairy...this soup is a perfect and delicious blend...and thick and creamy to boot. Plus? I can make enough to take to work all week.

Sitting in front of a roaring fire and looking outside the window at the snow, and at the candles reflected in the window? The perfect way to end the day...

2 comments:

megan said...

i totally made basically the same soup when i returned home from my sunshine filled tucson trip!

Rusty said...

Wow...catching up on your blog. Look at all that snow!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin